Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pay Eircom Line rental twice using BB ?

• 23-03-2006 11:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭

Hi,

We have Eircom BB (Home starter) costing us €29.99/month. We have also have Eircom talktime package (which always included line rental). That package is €39.99 including vat per month.

When you get BB do you pay for the line rental again????? We're sure it's a mistake. Has anyone has similar experience with Eircom?

They call it "Part Period Rental".. it's under the BB section and covers 1 month charging us €18.04 (thats €21.82 including VAT).

What the hell is this? :(

So to summary, the expenses seem to be:

* Package (Eircom talktime package) €39.99 (always previously incld line rental and states it on the bill)

* Eircom Home starter Package (€29.99)

* Extra line rental under BB section called "Part Period Rental" = €18.04 (21.82 inc Vat).

Thats's 39.99+29.99+21.82 per month! (91.8 per month!) Should be 60 per month?

This right ? Seems unfair to pay line rental twice unless is "rental" for BB ?!?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

I guess that this charge is for the first part of the month that you have bb installed for - the full charge of 29.99 would then be for the advance bb for the next month.

did you contact them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Dazz

dub is right. the €18 is for part of the month for bb. line rental with eircom is €24.18 per month, so €18 wouldn't cover that, its just for your bb, you're not being charged extra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

Dazz wrote:
    dub is right. the €18 is for part of the month for bb. line rental with eircom is €24.18 per month, so €18 wouldn't cover that, its just for your bb, you're not being charged extra.

Yep, I'd agree that it's looks like part of month for line rental, and I agree we all pay line rental but under the Eircom Anytime talk package we had (and still have) it included line rental for €39.99 (and says it on the package part of the bill) without fails for well over a year now. Is bb line rental extra rental? If it is it negate most of the package's advantage.

hamster wrote:
    Yep, I'd agree that it's looks like part of month for line rental, and I agree we all pay line rental but under the Eircom Anytime talk package we had (and still have) it included line rental for €39.99 (and says it on the package part of the bill) without fails for well over a year now. Is bb line rental extra rental? If it is it negate most of the package's advantage.

No the 29.99 you pay is for the bb product - the reference to rental is simply misleading in this case,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

€91 a month sounds about right for eircom :p

• Advertisement

dub45 wrote:
    No the 29.99 you pay is for the bb product - the reference to rental is simply misleading in this case,

So - we'd better off dumping the Eircom Any Talktime package (which was paying the line rental up to now). ie €39.99 was all that was being paid per month before we got bb.

Now it's 39.99 (talk package w/line rental) + bb (29.99) + bb line rental (21.80)

That right?

Better off with bb (29.99) + bb line rental (21.80) then? Since the package did pay the line rental.

Myself, I have ISDN back home and yep they treat rental alone as 2 lines (2 x 64k lines).

hamster wrote:
    So - we'd better off dumping the Eircom Any Talktime package (which was paying the line rental up to now). ie €39.99 was all that was being paid per month before we got bb.

Now it's 39.99 (talk package w/line rental) + bb (29.99) + bb line rental (21.80)

That right?

Better off with bb (29.99) + bb line rental (21.80) then? Since the package did pay the line rental.

Myself, I have ISDN back home and yep they treat rental alone as 2 lines (2 x 64k lines).

Did you not check the actual charges before you ordered bb? Or do you not read our posts?

Forgive my impatience but there are none so deaf as those who will not hear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes: or read as the case may be.

You now have your bb which will cost you 29.99 a month - you have your talktime package which includes line rental and costs you 39.99 a month - in future that will be your total bill. for this bill you are being charged for the portion of the month in which you first got your bb (unfortunately for all of us eircom made a reference to rental in this charge - it is not rental it is a charge for the portion of the billing period (but not the full period) for which you have had your bb. All of the isps charge a month in advance for bb so that is why your bill reads this time

1. your part portion of a full month for bb 21.82
    2 your advance bb 29.99
    3. your talktime 39.99

next months should hopefully read

bb 29.99
    talktime 39.99

Please please go and enjoy your bb and leave us alone!!!!:)

dub45 wrote:
    Did you not check the actual charges before you ordered bb? Or do you not read our posts?

Forgive my impatience but there are none so deaf as those who will not hear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes: or read as the case may be.

You now have your bb which will cost you 29.99 a month - you have your talktime package which includes line rental and costs you 39.99 a month - in future that will be your total bill. for this bill you are being charged for the portion of the month in which you first got your bb (unfortunately for all of us eircom made a reference to rental in this charge - it is not rental it is a charge for the portion of the billing period (but not the full period) for which you have had your bb. All of the isps charge a month in advance for bb so that is why your bill reads this time

1. your part portion of a full month for bb 21.82
    2 your advance bb 29.99
    3. your talktime 39.99

next months should hopefully read

bb 29.99
    talktime 39.99

Please please go and enjoy your bb and leave us alone!!!!:)

Apologies Dub... just like me to rush into this.... I had a rotten day of code installs in the office and I come home to read Eircom's bill at 9pm. Makes sense now thanks! Relief all round

Advertisement