Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fabio Cappelo throws his hat into the ring.

• 23-03-2006 11:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

from bbc
    Capello dream is to coach England

Capello has also managed AC Milan, Real Madrid and Roma

Juventus coach Fabio Capello insists taking charge of the England national team is his ambition after he quits managing at club level.

Capello has been one of the names touted as replacing current England boss Sven-Goran Eriksson this summer.

"In the next three years I am thinking of stopping as a club coach," he told Italian newspaper L'Expresso.

"And then I would like for a dream I have always had inside me to come true - to manage England."

Imagine the reaction at FA Towers to this, one the one hand 'Yipeeeeee' on the other could they hire another expensive foreigner without looking like they have no faith in English talent?

I'd snap him up.

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Well there goes a majority of the English fans hopes of having an English manager...........if this is true........and if England take him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

i`ve no faith in the english managers,there not good enough,
    foreign all the way imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Tough situation for The FA. He's got the credentials moreso than anyone else linked to the job, but everyone's calling for an English manager. Interesting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Hell no, I want him for United!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

Similar wages as Sven. He'd probably be a similar manager too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Cappelo is a top top top top top quality manager, if England get him, I'd expect them to win the world cup.
    There would be no media pressuring him to play certain players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

he has a great pedigree (chum*) he should bring a winning ability to the team

* sorry i couldn't resist

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

doesnt speak a lick of english afaik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

PHB wrote:
    Cappelo is a top top top top top quality manager, if England get him, I'd expect them to win the world cup.
    There would be no media pressuring him to play certain players.

Why would there be no media pressure? you really think the english media are capable of backing off anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

If Capello is interested in the job then he really should be considered - he is the best manager in the world, IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Hell no, I want him for United!
    Likewise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Very interesting alright isn't it?

Personally I think Capello is the best manager in the world. Everywhere he has gone he has won the league. Yes he has been at great teams but still.

I do not want to see this happen though and to be honest I don't think it will. The FA and the Permier league have a deep hatred of Italian football and in particular Seria A. Basically because its competition. Sven got away with it on the basis that he was Sweedish but I cannot not see the FA give it to an Italian.

Very interesting thing happened on sky a few weeks back when they were talking about the managers job. Can't remembe who it was (english anyway) going on about how it should be an english man taking it as it would instill pashion etc... Then he mentioned Martin O'Neill as his prefered choice. Jamie Redknapp turned around and said yeah but hes Irish so your first point rules him out. Your man didn't know what to say!

It was the first time I've heard anyone from England say bluntly someone was Irish. Usually when we have someone who is somewhat decent no matter what the subject matter happens to be they are immediately labeled 'British'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Its not that there would be no media pressure, it's just that he wouldn't give a **** whatsoever.
    I want him to take over at United when Fergie leaves in about 3 or 4 years, so this English job suits me perfectly, especially if he can get to grips with the english game from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

PHB wrote:
    Its not that there would be no media pressure, it's just that he wouldn't give a **** whatsoever.
    I want him to take over at United when Fergie leaves in about 3 or 4 years, so this English job suits me perfectly, especially if he can get to grips with the english game from it.

I think the idea is that he wants to give up club coaching altogether, so the United job is pretty much out of the question.
    “Within three years I will pack in coaching at club level,” Capello said. “And then I want to realise the dream I have always had inside me — England.”

"After that I might get away from it all. I have bought a house on (the island of) Pantelleria for that reason," he said.

el rabitos wrote:
    doesnt speak a lick of english afaik
    once he has a good translator hes in the green

I can't see what he could contribute. Not that I care too much about the england team, but I think it's time for them to get a manager with a bit of passion. Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't really see them getting that with an foreign coach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Hiddink has just announced that he'll be leaving PSV at the end of the season too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

How I'd laugh if all this wave of anti foreign manager feeling meant they turned him down and appointed someone like Curblishley or Allardyce instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Lemlin I think the Ruskies have got Hiddink.

Mike.

I aint got no Hiddink!!

• Advertisement

i think there very adament on an english manager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

Fabio Capello is without doubt the best manager in football today, England would be fools not to take him

Advertisement