Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Park West Journey Time

• 24-03-2006 12:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭

Hi

Anyone know the quickest way from Ringsend to Park West.
    Car / AMC Coach / Dublin Bus / Luas / IE ??

What is a rough journey time also.

Thanks in advance
    bid

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,534 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Maybe bus to Heuston Station and then one stop on the Kildare line.
    Or the 79A bus route from Aston Quay. That takes 55mins according to the site.

Or cycle. Ringsend Road to Park West Avenue is 10km and should take less than 50 mins. See DTO Journey Planner for a suggested route.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Depending on the time of day the 79A can take as little as 35 minutes to get to parkwest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Thanks guys...

This would be for the morning commute as I am thinking of taking a job out there.

Cycling might be an option - maybe a cycle as far as the Luas line but would have to invest in a good bike mine is a heap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Spoke to a fellow in AMC and he suggested roughly a half an hour in the mornings, that ring true for anyone here?

Cycling might be an option - maybe a cycle as far as the Luas line but would have to invest in a good bike mine is a heap.
    A "heap" should be enough to get you to the Luas line - it'll be less attractive for theft.
    If you were to invest in a good bike you might as well cycle the whole way.
    Hell I could jog 10k in 45 mins.

You should ask the employer if they have a bike shed (I'm sure there is at least one, near the entrance to the business park) and a shower. Employers often forget that investing in those two items can give you a healthier employee in return.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Or even cycle to Heuston. Theres a nice big covered, secure bike park there. I imagine there are spaces during hte day as most people would be doing the reverse journey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 441 ✭✭robfitz

I use to cycle to Park West from Sandyford when I worked there just over a year ago. As standard they didn't have any showers, there were a few covered cycle stands around.

The problem with the Luas is that it doesn't go to Park West, the nearest stop is 1-2 kms away. I believe there is a shuttle bus from the Luas line.

In terms of getting a new bicycle to use on part of the trip, I would go for a Brompton folding bicycle. You'll be able to bring it with you on the Luas and use it to get to and from the line on both sides.

I'm not sure how suitable a Brompton would be for the whole trip, you might be better off with a full sized bicycle then.

robfitz wrote:
    As standard they didn't have any showers
    This is pathetic by builders and employers.

Advertisement