Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 203rd Merseyside Derby

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

"Take a bow son!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

*zing*

Excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Neville picks up a yellow

Bookings:
    S Gerrard 17
    X Alonso 23
    H Kewell 34

Bookings:
    T Cahill 13
    A Stubbs 34
    K Kilbane 52
    D Weir 66
    D Ferguson 76
    P Neville 86

Sent off:
    S Gerrard 18

Sent off:
    A Van der Meyde 74

Warnock coming on for Kewell.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭WICKL0W

Automatic fine for Everton for 6 bookings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

mike65 wrote:
    Neville picks up a yellow, must be quite a haul of cards between them.

Warnock coming on for Kewell.

Mike.

8 yellows and 2 reds and not a dirty game either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Whats the deal with Robbie. How is he supposed to score the goals to get him another contract if he doesnt get games. Likewise. How is he supposed to get match fit without playing matches.

I missed most of the first half so I'll look silly if he was on and taken off. :D

9 yellows (including Gerrards two) and a straight red. Wouldn't be the Merseyside derby otherwise!

Morientes for Crouch.

Garcia shoots!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭WICKL0W

I'm amazed that Robbie didnt get 2 minutes even.

Phew! I think these games are to be survived rather than enjoyed.

The Toffees fancied thier chances beforehand and with Gerrard sent off they should have made more of the advantage. Still goals win games and Pools rush of scoring continues.

Forget to say I had Liverpool to win 3-1 but in a combi bet with Gerrard scoring first! Dang.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

good stuff. In the end Liverpool just used the ball a lot better. Alonso had a great game.
    Good game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

3-1 as predicted by many.

Good game to watch, no leeway giving by the ref, after he set the standard with the first few yellows.

VDM deserved to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭The Insider

county wrote:
    well i`ve a ton on it so i am praying for a 3-1 win for the pool

Well done!!!!!!! Enjoy the win, I would say that was the first time you were cheering on Liverpool. :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

congrats liverpool another 3 points and nearer catching Man Utd for second!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭damienom

Good win for Liverpool in the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭damienom

****ing screamer of a goal from Kewell - defending for Everton goal brutal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

The ref ruined any chance of a come back by Everton. What was the difference between Van Der Meydes challenge and Garcias on Kilbane? Never a straight red if you watch the replay he is looking at the ball. would have even been a harsh yellow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

thank god i slept in i was gonna put a tenner on 4-1 liverpool and do a half time full time liverpool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

TheMonster wrote:
    What was the difference between Van Der Meydes challenge and Garcias on Kilbane?

One hit a player square in the face, the other didnt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

county wrote:
    well i`ve a ton on it so i am praying for a 3-1 win for the pool

so the pints are on u mate :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Just back,

What an atmosphere, what a game, what a day what a result :)

Stevie was stupid for his sending off van der meyde also. Did all of the everton fans go before then end, looked like they did from where I was.

Anyway, g'wan the pool, second place for a few hours anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Just saw a snippet of the game. Why did Gerrard have "08" on his shirt instead of just "8"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭The Insider

Him and Beattie both had them, Liverpool is the European Capital of Culture in 2008 so both captains were promoting it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Bluetonic wrote:
    Liverpools cup final is live on Sky PPV tomorrow kick off 12.45.

The team with most points since the new year and top of the form tables, Everton, should come away with an easy 3 points from their old ground.

Lump on at 5/1.

Dont spend that money all at once now! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

what a thoroughly enjoyable game, gwan the pool! missed the first half due to work but from what i saw of the second half it was a cracking game. alot of credit for that win has to go to the liverpool midfield, for once i can say gerrard excluded ;), alonso kewell and sissoko played and worked excellently.

just hope this run of form continues up to april 22nd :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

Well done!!!!!!! Enjoy the win, I would say that was the first time you were cheering on Liverpool. :D:D:D

thanks,1400 quid in my back pocket,and yes it was the first time i was cheering for liverpool,but i dont care:D :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Fair play. I didn't think it'd end in that result as I said earlier. Enjoy your money, its well deserved. The most I'd ever put on, or can afford to, is €20.

county wrote:
    14-1 liverpool win 3-1,nice odds

so did any one else take my advice:D :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭dbnavan

Watched the game tonight on MOTD and wife says harry kewells gusture with his arms, to everton fans, rubbing them together when he scored was monica in friends's way of saying fcuk off anyone else cop this i would never have

• Advertisement

dbnavan wrote:
    Watched the game tonight on MOTD and wife says harry kewells gusture with his arms, to everton fans, rubbing them together when he scored was monica in friends's way of saying fcuk off anyone else cop this i would never have

The Friends celebrations strike again! Gudjohnsen does Joey's "Could I be wearing any more clothes?", not that we've seen it too often recently!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Originally Posted by Emlyn Hughes
    Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭ullu

dbnavan wrote:

I doubt it. Kewell's celebration was facing the Main Stand, presumably there were no Everton fans there. If it was what your wife says it was, maybe it was aimed at a mouthy season ticket holder?

Yeah Everton fans were in the far end were they not?

was there trouble for nevelle (sp) and his gestures?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭futuredeath

no he wouldn't of been looking at the everton fans then.
    great goal though and for me (one of those tinted glasses fans - who's always said kewell was one of the best players in our squad regardless) he can really celebrate how he likes after a goal like that in such a huge game.
    Gerrard was a bit silly but the other 10 were far from it, not a bad word to say about one of them today.

he blows hot and cold for the pool, remember him at leeds? he was the best winger since giggs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭futuredeath

i really disagree.
    i think in his first season he was very good as far as new signings go chipping in with about 12 goals.
    last season he was actually very good when he could play but was more or less injured the whole time.
    and thus far he's been one of our players of the season.
    he gets an unfair amount of abuse.

he brought the abuse on himself by the manner in which he left leeds, he isn't the player he was before he got injured, he's not as brave, not a willing to get involved in tackles.

hes still a very good player no doubt but not as good as before.

what was the "im not feeling match fit" about? remember the docs were saying he's ok and he "didn't feel 100%"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ianomccabe

Harrys celebration was directed to the main stand down towards the kop, directly where the friends and families of the players sit. Doubt he'd be tellin anyone in there to fcuk off

• Advertisement

what was the "im not feeling match fit" about? remember the docs were saying he's ok and he "didn't feel 100%"

Was'nt he proved right on that though? About 20 mins into a CL final?

On Gerrards second yellow, having watched MOTD last night he clearly deserved it and might be lucky it was'nt a straight red. The first angle suggested he got the ball before going through Kilbane but the reverse showed clearly he was'nt near it. Luckily his one game ban is for the Brom match.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

ianomccabe wrote:
    Harrys celebration was directed to the main stand down towards the kop, directly where the friends and families of the players sit. Doubt he'd be tellin anyone in there to fcuk off

Perhaps it was a personal joke with his wife or someone. I wouldn't read too much into it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

zabbo wrote:

VDM deserved to go
    Where you watching the same game or perhaps through red tinted glasses?

There was no way that was a red card. If anyone was deserved of a red card it was garcia for the blatant elbow in the face on kilbane. VDM was jumping. Eyes on the ball. He happened to hit alonso. There is a huge difference..

Ref was a joke to be honest. It wasn't a dirty game, and he ruined it with too many bookings. I hate the way refs think they should be the centre of attention in a game. IMO a good ref should only be seen when he needs to be. He should be practically unmentioned in the commentary. The english refs need a serious dose of common sense... muppets. :confused:

Everton had the chances in the first half to put themselves ahead, but the OG killed any chance of that I think. Richard Wright 100% at fault for the second. Kewell wasn't closed down for what should have been an easy task for hibbert to do, but was caught in two mind.

Cahill, Beattie, Kilbane, Neville, Stubbs all played really well. Moyes should have made all the subs when he as originally going to. They needed to push with the fresh legs from that point.

Well done to liverpool anyway. Probably deserved it on the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭alfie

Where you watching the same game or perhaps through red tinted glasses?

There was no way that was a red card. If anyone was deserved of a red card it was garcia for the blatant elbow in the face on kilbane.

Garcia didnt elbow him in the face he caught him in the chest it was a yellow card nothing more as should have been the case with VDM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

A stunning goal from Kewell and a deserved win. But as Andy Gray pointed out a return of three goals for the season is just not good enough. Kewell has been playing much better for Liverpool recently but he needs to back this up with goals. He should be hitting double figures at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

alfie wrote:
    Garcia didnt elbow him in the face he caught him in the chest it was a yellow card nothing more as should have been the case with VDM
    agreed - Davies had a similar one for Bolton today - the key is where the player is looking.

Also apparently the ball curled out of play from the coner for the first goal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Cormic

Good result for Liverpool. Stevie had to go as the tackle on Kilbane was poor. I also thought the ref had a shocker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

Lex Luthor wrote:
    chances are you're gone over at this stage.....I'd be interested to see how much you do pay
    I got a ticket outside the ground the morning of the Spurs game in Jan for £70 and that took a huge effort from about 5 people scouring the bars the night before. I would say, anything between £150-£250 for this one....

3-0

Ended up paying £125. It took over 3 hours to get one outside the ground. There were so many scrotes selling dud tickets. They were so obvious. And trying to blag season tickets. Went up to anfield at 9.30 to get one. Early on they were looking for 250 a ticket but prices dropped closer to the game which surpirsed me. I finally got one off a fella with ten minutes to go. I had given up at htis stage and was just about to settle for a place in the pub outside the ground. It was meant to be restricted view but it was a perfect spot in the main stand. Super game. Super atmosphere.

rondeco wrote:
    Ended up paying £125. It took over 3 hours to get one outside the ground. There were so many scrotes selling dud tickets. They were so obvious. And trying to blag season tickets. Went up to anfield at 9.30 to get one. Early on they were looking for 250 a ticket but prices dropped closer to the game which surpirsed me. I finally got one off a fella with ten minutes to go. I had given up at htis stage and was just about to settle for a place in the pub outside the ground. It was meant to be restricted view but it was a perfect spot in the main stand. Super game. Super atmosphere.

lot of money but it was probably worth it in the end?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

If you get to read the this pm me a number to call you at.

Sorry I didn't get back to you. I was sorted for tickets up until last wednesday or so and thats when the trouble started. I'm never going to a tout again. I really appreciate you're offer to help me out. Thanks alot.

Advertisement