Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaking upstairs loo in Charlesland Wood townhouse

Options
  • 24-03-2006 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭

Folks,
    Anyone else in the 2 bed townhouses have problems with an upstairs leaking loo? Mine has started leaking (just when you flush it) and you can actually see a stain mark on the ceiling in the tv room. So not good.

The darn things are not easy to get at as they are behind the tiles. I could have a look myself but I really don't know a whole lot about plumbing.

So I called Mandy in Ballymore and she tells me I am out of warranty. (I am in nearly 2 years) Oh well I said, but I do need to get this fixed so she has put me in touch with the plumbers they use here. I contacted them and they also pointed out that I am out of warranty, so I said right I will pay. They are due to get back to me in the next few hours.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Plenty

When did the warranty expire? We are in our house (in the wood) 1½ years and there are one or two things I've noticed that need to be done. There are cracks on all our rooms along the seam of the ceiling and the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭FirstIn

1.5 years, I reckon you are out of luck there, they said to me that our warranties are just 1 year. Give them a call, and ask but I wouldn't hold out much hope.

I waited yesterday for the plumbers to call me back but they never did. So I ended up having a go myself and I can see what the problem is. The pipe from the cistern to the bowl is leaking so every time the loo is flushed water leaks out. More accurately the problem is at the join to the bowl and the reason for the leak is the poor alignment between the cistern and bowl putting undue strain on the sealing rubber ring. A very poor standard of plumbing. But with some of the other issues in relation to plumbing in these house I am not surprised. (Everyone go and check the sealing around their taps in the baths and you will see what I mean). Anyways I bought some new pieces/pipes/seals and I am going to try and line the cistern up better to ensure that the same problem doesn't reoccur.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Plenty

Take a look at www.mytrade.ie. You'll find a reliable plumber there and you can rate them for all to see.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 KarenGR

HI Just in response to your problem. I'm living in Seabourne and the toilets very rarely flush there. I have been on to Ballymore several times. The quality of work in these apts are terrible. There is already mould growing in the bedroom, from dampness. A crack above the fireplace... etc.

If I was you I would definetly query this as it is obvious that the job wasn't done right in the first place.

Advertisement