Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone in??? tis friday

Options
  • 24-03-2006 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

yeah, i saw yesterday's "freezing thread" its actually not that cold about UC-double-D today. for some reason i was in a foul mood when i got off the #10. all these AEE people. i wanted to tell them to get their capitalist scum off my campus!

got quite the urge to shout it... plus profanities

yeah so i cant see hardly anyone about today, then again its still early days. there are some BFM people i know, but that means i probably like some of them and despise the others... you be the judge, if you know anything about them or are any.

anyway, if anyones in just drop a post and maybe we'll grab a coffee in the afternoon, which is usually when most of you loafers arrive.

p.s. listening to Heartbeat by Jose Gonzalez, most of you will know it from the Sony Bravia ad. cool track

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

It is pouring rain though. I got a nice umbrella from the EAA conference since I'm helping out. Oh and free food and some vouchers too. Yeay!

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭HappyCrackHead

bah! you're aiding the capitalistic scum

im not usually this bolshy, ask anyone...

I am capitalistic scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Labeling oneself scum is a little harsh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

ugh, i feel like i've taken a bath in my clothes :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I'll be in later

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

I'm in and getting nothing done. Library seems very empty. No one on level 2.

I bet most people took one look out of window and thought fuck it!

irlrobins wrote:

thats true. i'm on level two also... not totally empty about the way its been about 6/7pm the rest of the time i've been in.

oh well less assholes...

but yeah scum is a bit harsh... and why would u wanna be capitalist scum... stupid question

irlrobins wrote:

Its not raining near me

pfft

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

I was so cold yesterday I decided to stay in bed. Just woke up there half an hr and still havent crawled out of bed! I prob shud head in at some stage tho.............

Saw pythia in the restaurant doing the helping out thing, was busy handing out leaflets to business type people so didn't interrupt. Upstairs was closed again today for whatever they're up to!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Perk's also been closed to feed them, meaning a trek to the conway institute for the only edible food available on campus. Since when is is more important to feed the capitalistic scum than the students?! :mad:

Since I've actually made it in the doors of the library, I haven't actually managed to progress so far as a desk :rolleyes: This amount of work was so worth the efoort of being rained on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

rain on wrote:
    ugh, i feel like i've taken a bath in my clothes :(
    i've just realised the horrible irony of my user name today. i am starting to dry off a little though.

humbert wrote:
    Saw pythia in the restaurant doing the helping out thing, was busy handing out leaflets to business type people so didn't interrupt. Upstairs was closed again today for whatever they're up to!

No, I was taking their tickets for lunch. They don't have to pay for their lunch, so I have to make sure no one else goes up there. There's no cash registers upstairs today and the food is nicer than usual. It's all reserved for the conference delegates.

Pythia wrote:
    No, I was taking their tickets for lunch. They don't have to pay for their lunch, so I have to make sure no one else goes up there. There's no cash registers upstairs today and the food is nicer than usual. It's all reserved for the conference delegates.

I'm sure you wouldn't begrudge a fellow boardsian a free lunch, and since I look just like all the other conference delegates nobody would ever know:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

humbert wrote:
    I'm sure you wouldn't begrudge a fellow boardsian a free lunch, and since I look just like all the other conference delegates nobody would ever know:p
    yeah but she mightnt be able to tell you and tintin apart,man

Yea that happens to me sometimes, it's not like I've ever been on tv or anything....

Changed my mind see y'all monday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

p.s. listening to Heartbeat by Jose Gonzalez, most of you will know it from the Sony Bravia ad. cool track
    It's fcuking great innit? Get the album it's from, Veneer, it's an excellent acoustic album, and Jose has such a great voice.

OT: I'm in. Has everyone gone home, or what???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Im still here , freezin me knob off waiting for Enda to come and finish me off . :D But seriously im still here

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

yeah, i saw yesterday's "freezing thread" its actually not that cold about UC-double-D today. for some reason i was in a foul mood when i got off the #10. all these AEE people. i wanted to tell them to get their capitalist scum off my campus!

Yeah, it's not that cold today (unless you live in Glen like me, then you simply just always freeze). But the rain...got up around half seven, saw rain, decided to try again an hour later - repeat twice -
    I eventually made it in. Still raining. Very slippery in front of library/911/etc!!!!

And yeah, I love Heartbeat by Jose Gonzales, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

meowCat wrote:
    Yeah, it's not that cold today (unless you live in Glen like me, then you simply just always freeze). But the rain...got up around half seven, saw rain, decided to try again an hour later - repeat twice -
    I eventually made it in. Still raining. Very slippery in front of library/911/etc!!!!

And yeah, I love Heartbeat by Jose Gonzales, too.

You got up at half seven :eek: I eventually made it in in time for lunch today and had to take the bus instead of my usual walk!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Spent the day all dry and warm in my own house with central heating and TV.. If anything I was too hot and too comfortable ...I may never leave...

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

You got up at half seven :eek: I eventually made it in in time for lunch today and had to take the bus instead of my usual walk!

Yeah...I usually get up at this time and then endlessly waste time doing useless things at home like eating BIG breaki, watching telly, reading boards, having a long shower etc etc etc. Usually in between 10 and 11 :D
    I'm a post grad, so I don't have hols now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

meowCat wrote:
    Yeah...I usually get up at this time and then endlessly waste time doing useless things at home like eating BIG breaki, watching telly, reading boards, having a long shower etc etc etc. Usually in between 10 and 11 :D
    I'm a post grad, so I don't have hols now.

Tell me about it sounds like my morning, except I don't normally get up until after 9 and make it in about 12! Being a postgrad is great :D Unless you are busy!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I was moving cows when you posted this topic. I forgot the joys of living on a farm... standing in gaps, people spreading slurry, getting covered in **** up to your knees simply from walking around outside in the rain... :( But on the plus side, there's all that fresh air. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

SebtheBum wrote:
    It's fcuking great innit? Get the album it's from, Veneer, it's an excellent acoustic album, and Jose has such a great voice.

I just dont get what all the hype is about him.Hes playing in the olympia in may I think?

panda100 wrote:
    I just dont get what all the hype is about him.Hes playing in the olympia in may I think?
    Did anyone turn up? Will be in UCD all week (hint, hint)

• Advertisement
Advertisement