Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shirts tucked in or not?

• 24-03-2006 12:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

This is mainly for the girls.
    Which looks better on guys, shirt untucked, or tucked in?

Which looks better? 74 votes

Tucked
    1% 1 vote
    Not Tucked
    24% 18 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    74% 55 votes

Comments

Depends on the shirt but I guess I'd say untucked usually...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Definitely untucked. Everybody knows that one of the males main flirting techniques is to stretch up to the top shelf to retrieve something he doesnt really want thus giving the watching ladies a tantalising glimpse of his manly belly hair. Pighead hates to generalise but anybody who keeps their shirts tucked in a non working environment are absolutely no fun and have really bad social skills.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Not tucked.

Tucked?, just think Noel Edmonds on Deal or No Deal!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

Depends on the type of shirt, some are just not meant to be untucked. I personally prefer untucked with jeans, tucked with slacks. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

It depends on the shirt, however a good stylish shirt will always look well untucked. On a night out (well here anyway!), its always lads from the farming community who wear them tucked in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

^^
    we have a winnar!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Tucked when it's a formal occasion w/ blazer etc.... Untucked any other time surely?
    It really depends on what sort of figure you got..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

well if its with trousers/ like with a suit then definately tucked. but if out for the nite and wearing jeans, then untucked......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭nick23

I'd generally say untucked but when you're going to a formal occassion always tucked in but then again some people have started wearing shirts tucked in to convey a smarter slicker appearance. Basically it boils down to what you think looks better on yourself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Mr.E old

What about in a school? I sometimes keep it untucked, but this leads to harrasment from teachers as it is against the "rules"..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

It will be a cold day in hell when I tuck in a shirt...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

not tucked ftw :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

In a formal or semi formal situation tucked in, always. I would only really wear a casual short sleeved shirt untucked. Only knackers don't tuck their shirts in. Ibiza Uncovered style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

My Mrs would kill me if I tucked it in (shirt that is!)

Tucked is for formal wear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

FX Meister wrote:

Not always. But it really does depend on the shirt and the occasion your wearing it for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Tucked.... if it's with trousers.

John

Yeah that's a good point. I wouldn't tuck a shirt in with Jeans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

Some shirts are deisnged to be untucked, and some to be tucked...

I do the opposite to how they're designed :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

with a big belly you cant win so if you have a big belly i suggest you lose it,or dont wear a shirt at all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ST*

I've voted AT here. Going out in general - leave it out. Formal in.
    FX Meister, you don't by any chance starch your jocks do you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

I've seen his pokemon hair. Perhaps he starches that prior to taking photographs of himself in his socks and trawling photo-galleries for spurious, random, totally illogical name calling...

Shirts out all the way, and tops too.

The only instance in which I would tuck in, is where I'm wearing trousers and/or suit. Certainly not with jeans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

What about a partial tuck? It's not a black and white world, folks!

simu wrote:
    What about a partial tuck? It's not a black and white world, folks!

I'm a fashion philistine (but I knows what I likes), and I can't see a partial tuck working. Like I say though, I am open to correction/definition as to what a partial tuck actually is! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

^^^

You tuck some of the shirt in, not all. Can't find any photos, though. :(

That's what I thought. i can't find any pics either. Teh great gawd Googol has failed me for the first time ever :)

I've voted AT here. Going out in general - leave it out. Formal in.
    FX Meister, you don't by any chance starch your jocks do you?

No, I don't starch my jocks. I usually don't bother to iron anything either. Maybe my trousers and shirt before I wear them. I do fold my boxers though and place then neatly in the drawer.

I've seen his pokemon hair. Perhaps he starches that prior to taking photographs of himself in his socks and trawling photo-galleries for spurious, random, totally illogical name calling...

Is that a dig at me just cause I actually have hair? I just used your picture as an example as you look like what I described. It's usually knacker douche bags you see in those shirts anyway. I stree usually, I'm not having a fig at you dude. And that's FACT

FX Meister wrote:
    Is that a dig at me just cause I actually have hair? I just used your picture as an example as you look like what I described. It's usually knacker douche bags you see in those shirts anyway. I stree usually, I'm not having a fig at you dude. And that's FACT

Yes, because having hair, or choosing not to is the be all and end all, particularly to wannabe metrosexuals without the prerequisites... *sigh*

I prefer to let your posts speak for themselves as an example of your apparent persona, however. None too flattering they are either...

If you wish to discuss "knacker douche bags" further, based on a four year old photograph of someone you have never met, take it to PM. I have too much respect for this forum and those who mod and contribute here (of which I am neither) to piss all over it.

Mods, thanks for your latitude thus far.

• Advertisement

Yes, because having hair, or choosing not to is the be all and end all
    I didn't think you had a choice. My god I kill me. That's all, I just wanted a last little joke. If you want to chat or hook up some time drop me a PM.
    Oh, and I never called you a knacker douche bag.

FX Meister wrote:
    Oh, and I never called you a knacker douche bag.
    FX Meister wrote:
    Nah, not tucked in = knacker. FACT
    FX Meister wrote:
    It's usually knacker douche bags you see in those shirts anyway.

Most *nice* people will find a celeb pic, or something general from google images to express their opinions. Just behave lad, before I put you over my knee and wrinkle those perfectly starched jocks with a few smacks now.

usually knacker douche bags. That's what I said. I stressed the usually bit.
    not tucked in = knacker. Maybe you are too young to remember ibiza uncovered. That's not my fault.
    Knacker is not the same as knacker douche bag. FACT

You don't even have to read between the lines shock treatment and you still can't manage to grasp what I'm saying. Tsssk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

We missed an important option ...what about those classy lads with the shirt tucked in and no belt hahaha classic :D (or maybe that was Atari Jaguar)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Definitely NOT tucked in. And I'm no "knacker douche bag"!!!

FX Meister wrote:
    not tucked in = knacker
    FX Meister wrote:
    Yeah that's a good point. I wouldn't tuck a shirt in with Jeans

FACT. <<<< Look mommy, I can shout on teh intarweb.

• Advertisement

We missed an important option ...what about those classy lads with the shirt tucked in and no belt hahaha classic :D (or maybe that was Atari Jaguar)

I wear a belt with my shirt out, maybe that's AJ also... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Depends on the;
    Shirt fit
    Trouser style
    Occasion

FX Meister wrote:
    You don't even have to read between the lines shock treatment and you still can't manage to grasp what I'm saying. Tsssk

Read between what lines exactly? you find a pic from KYN and take a shot.
    The thread is simply about 'tuck the shirt in' or 'leave it out' etc.

I'm not having a dig - just don't use a boardser as an example.
    Shirt out means knacker? I happen to think the person speak of is a sound and intelligent man. I'm not going to lower myself to taking a shot at you, just stay on topic for god sake.

Formal = In
    Non-Formal = Out
    Ftw!

x
    FRWL :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Stop arguing or take it to pm/MSN.
    Besty wrote:
    Depends on the;
    Shirt fit
    Trouser style
    Occasion
    I agree.

Oh and the only time a shirt looks knacker is if it's a checked shirt(or anything by Ben Sherman).

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Formal/work =tucked

unformal/not at work = untucked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I'd always keep my shirts untucked unless I'm wearing a waistcoat... I don't wear waistcoats too much these days though... I should take that up again...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,455 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Tucked, but not a tight tuck. Tucked but pulled up a little bit so that it is a bit loose at the waistband.

If you have a a decent build tucked looks better. If you have a fat belly untucked might hide it a bit. If you're skinny an untucked shirt will make you look like a rail. Also untucked shirts can look big and sloppy, like a tent or dress and it can look very knackery. Also an untucked shirt can scream "I'm a young lad out on the pull!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

If the shirt goes 1 inch below the waist of the trouser waist tuck it in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Certainly not tucked for fat people.

Advertisement