Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sallins

• 24-03-2006 12:30pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭

I have just moved to Sallins and was wondering what anyone else in the area thinks of the place.

More specifically what are the nice pubs, restaurants and things to do in the area.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Saintly

Hey Ballyman,

You're practically in Naas - Haydens,Kavanaghs and The Court are good spots at the weekend, if you're looking for something more Dublinish, go for The Osprey bar and Time. The Court nightclub is for an older crowd, full of friendly locals!

For food, Lemongrass, La Primavera, nice Indian restaurant up by Finan's corner, the Storehouse are all good.

Flanagan's mill in Sallins is a nice spot and there is a pretty good Chinese beside it.

Saintly.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 aerocell

I lived out there a few years ago and it was great craic was kinda before they really started building up everywhere,
    not to sure what its like now but you do have time nite club there which was pretty cool when I was there, and if you are looking for something relaxing on the weekend or watever there is also Donadea forest which is a great walk and also the lake to chill out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Sheba

Hi.. new to the boards, pretty new to Ireland, and new to Sallins - I live just outside it.

I have discovered Flanagans which is good, have eaten there and the pub next door - Bridgewater Inn I think - and the italian restaurant - had a lovely meal there.

Does anyone know any good dog walking areas nearby? Somewhere my mad pup can be let off the lead safely - currently still going over to Blessington but it's a bit of a trek. The canal is nice but last time he went there he drank some of it I think and he was very sick :eek:

Any tips at all on what's good locally would be grand :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭atheist

Walk west along the canal and you'll find the Leinster Aquaduct. You can keep going and turn clockwise down an narrow laneway and you can come back up the other side of the canal or carry on the same distance again till you come to a cottage. While a bit linear, there should be no problem with letting the dog off the lead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jmoran

Have you moved yet. Why did you pick Sallins?

I like the bridgewater for food but Uno's (Calzinis) is a nice Italian. The Chinese over Flanagans is nice but I've only ever got take away.

There are only 3 pubs and they have their own characteristics

While Naas is close, so is Clane. It has some nice restaurants and pubs too.

The other posters are on the ball with their comments. The canal walk especially.

• Advertisement
Advertisement