Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opinions on new Chrysler 300c

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭DirtyDog

I love the looks of it, seen it a lot in the states over xmas and have to say the thing is a beast!

If I had the cash it would be my next car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

I also would have one if I had the dosh. Particularly a 4wd estate with the 3 litre diesel.

In the US, the 5.7 Petrol awd estate is $33,120. Compare that to an E500 estate. In fact, compare that to a Skoda Octavia estate :(

magnum_ext_6_main.jpg

Pure "Perils of Penelope Pitstop" stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I happen to quiet like the US cars tbh.

300c is a very nice looking car. Then again, I wouldn't buy a Merc.

Caddy xlr
    http://www.getchev.com/images/fun/cadillac/2006-Cadillac-XLR-V-FA-Red-TD-1280.jpg

Infiniti G35
    http://www.autoblog.com/media/2006/01/infiniticoupe-offl00003.jpg

New Camaro as above are very sexy cars and a break from the normal US car design.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

crosstownk wrote:
    Compare them aesthetically with BMWs, Audis, VWs, Mercedes, Seats, Alfas, Skodas.
    OK then - looking at the latest ranges from each of those marques.

BMW - fugly. Dull. Boring. Predictable.
    Audi - well proportioned cars with some nice touches. Getting a bit fussy
    VW - zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Lardy garbage.
    Mercedes - Nice but too conservative, with one or two exceptions.
    Seat - Interesting, but kind of contrived and they all look the same.
    Alfas - New ones show a worrying conservative streak. Brera is lovely, but is a pretty weak design from some (most?) angles.
    Skodas - Are you serious? Picking up where Volvo left off in dullsville.

The 300 is bold, challenging and unashamedly American. It is well packaged, looks taut and well planted on the road. The proportions are eye catching. It seems to have been designed by someone who loves cars. It could only come from America, in the same way the new civic could only have come from Japan. A VW could (and does) come from anywhere, and mostly it looks like it was squeezed from a tube by some committee of accountants and management consultants.

The interior of the 300c is quite conservative, but nicely detailed and very modern.

So lose the prejudice - most modern Euro boxes are just that. Soulless boxes with well marketed badges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

the prices in ireland are otrageous anyway, and the worst price ive seen is the american cars like 300c and also look at the hummer prices they are ridiculous here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement