Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Service Nazi's

Options
  • 24-03-2006 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭

SO im ordering a ham sandwich on granery brown to be made up in the staff cafeteria. When its ready i asked could i just have 2 slices of granary brown with only butter on it aswell?. Reasonable request so i thought!. "No i cant do that" she replied. I gave back a quizzical look:confused: . She said "You see the bread is for making up proper sandwichs". I gave a barely audible "Hmmm" and gave another quizzical look to probe for a better excuse she might have not to give me a couple of slices of brown bread. She said "you see there's not that much left"(there was 2 1/2 sliced batches visible).

Because it was the staff cafeteria i couldnt make a fuss but whats with the standard of service in Ireland nowadays and all these service nazis?.

Anyone else got examples of service nazi encounters!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭fatboypee

SO im ordering a ham sandwich on granery brown to be made up in the staff cafeteria. When its ready i asked could i just have 2 slices of granary brown with only butter on it aswell?. Reasonable request so i thought!. "No i cant do that" she replied. I gave back a quizzical look:confused: . She said "You see the bread is for making up proper sandwichs". I gave a barely audible "Hmmm" and gave another quizzical look to probe for a better excuse she might have not to give me a couple of slices of brown bread. She said "you see there's not that much left"(there was 2 1/2 sliced batches visible).

Because it was the staff cafeteria i couldnt make a fuss but whats with the standard of service in Ireland nowadays and all these service nazis?.

Anyone else got examples of service nazi encounters!?
    :) jobsworth, jobsworth... its more than me jobsworth...

lot of it about :) my last company, the stationery officer sat in a wee little booth behind a hatch and when I asked him for lead for my automatic pencil he gave me one lead :mad: ....... had to justify post-it notes, bring back the used pen before another would be issued (he kept a log:eek: ).... the cafeteria changed while I was there too, used to wash out my cup then get another coffee, new cafeteria, no longer allowed to wash out the cup (health & safety) same place, just a counter built between punters and sink,,,the line of demarcation... was told to go to the gents toilet to wash out my cup !....

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Next time ask for a vegetarian ham sandwich:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Years ago I was in a restaurant in the north with my bosses, they owned a hotel.

After a meal one of them wanted a cheese plate rather than a dessert. He was told they did not do cheese plates. He asked if they had cheese to which the answer was yes. He said can I not have some of that. He was told he couldn't, it was for sandwiches. So he ordered a cheese sandwich without bread and butter. Worked a treat.

MrP

Advertisement