Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How's my driving?

Options
  • 24-03-2006 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Has anyone else wasted their time and money ringing the 1850 no. displayed on the back of the vehicles involved? I had to phone 4 times. The first 3 times I got thro' and then the line was cut off. Why should anyone bother?
    There's no feedback.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

You bothered

I think I will rent a white van and drive terribly for a week.

On the back I will have a stupidly expensive 1870 number where the can call and complain :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

AFAIK companies that sign up for that 'How's My Driving' lark get reduced insurance premiums as it supposedly makes them safer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I've called these numbers on a couple of occasions and haven't yet got anyone to even answer - do insurance companies audit these? Unlikely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭TKK

I have never rang one of these numbers but on two occasions I have rang the company who own the van and asked to speak to their transport manager.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

i donot think anyone is sitting on the other side, its just to fool people:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

On one occasion I got cut up in a real dangerous way and rang the mobile number on the van - I was alongside him at the time and seen him answer and he pretended he was somewhere else but would have a word with the driver then hung up on me when I rang again he rejected the call. Made me madder but I gave up after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 modbhcci

Does powerhousedan have a point to make?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I've called those numbers a few times, gotten through and registered by complaint.
    You get asked loads of questions about weather and visibility.
    One time I was reporting that the truck's lights were broken. Still with the weather questions :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Who is it that actually answers these numbers? I'm assuming from the previous post that it's some kind of call centre somewhere that's contracted to do this, and not the actual company the driver works for? One can only imagine what happens to the reports when they're sent to the company in question ... I'm guessing the round file cabinet on the floor :)

• Advertisement

Garda Traffic Watch Lo-Call is a waste of time too. Unless you witness a really, really, really serious incident, don't bother reporting it to anyone. If you have something to report, go to your own local station as soon as you can. This is not a guarantee of action but you'll save yourself some hassle as you have to go to a station personally, anyway, to give your statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I believe the company signs up through a call centre company, the call centre then takes the call and then files the complaint and sends it to the company the vechicle is registered to.

Its then up to the company to do what they feel fit with the complaint.

as someone already said I believe companies get reduced insurance premiums from using this and dont actually bother doing anything once they get a complaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

modbhcci wrote:
    Garda Traffic Watch Lo-Call is a waste of time too.
    I reported something and it took them 3 months to get back to me. I've never use the number since, instead going into the local station (though the level of interest, even when I wanted to make a statement about something serious wasn't comforting).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

i just read the howsmydriving website and it doesn't say anything about getting reduced insurance premiums. it would be a good idea if the insurance companies recognised it as discount action and if they closely scrutinised it too.
    it could have some sort impact on our roads fatalities.

Advertisement