Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queer eye for a straight guy

Options
  • 24-03-2006 1:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭

Hey, I need help decorating. I am going to start with my bedroom which is as it was when I bought the house, which is like a hospital room or something. I would love to find somewhere to get advice. I will not pay an interior designer, but I would look through a few photos of rooms already done.

When it comes to this sort of thing I am useless. Like really bad, but if I had a few ideas to work from I would be ok. Does anyone know where I would find ideas. Im going for a simple look of pine and bright colours I'd imagine, but the last time I decorated a room I had a huge Heiniken sign from outside a pub as the centre piece on my wall. Ok, I was a student, but I thought it was the business at the time. I dont want to put something up and 3 months down the line wake up with a hangover and think. "Ah crap"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

buy some home decor magazines and pick up some elements that you like. surf the web and google interior design and home decor, take some ideas from nice hotel rooms, visit some furniture show-rooms etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

m_stan wrote:
    buy some home decor magazines and pick up some elements that you like. surf the web and google interior design and home decor, take some ideas from nice hotel rooms, visit some furniture show-rooms etc etc

:eek:

joejoem wrote:

pardon ?

m_stan wrote:
    pardon ?

joejoem wrote:

fair enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Have you tried the Dulux website which allows you to choose a room and click on walls and pick different colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi,

How about a professional ? I have used the services of an interior designer to choose the colours and there were some that I would never have dreamed of using but She was right everything came together very nice.

Some people are afraid to employ the professional thinking the cost will be crazy, I can assure you I have received excellent value for the fee, which was less than the cost of a few cans of paint ;)

Thanks everyone. SOme good ideas there.

Advertisement