Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby playgroups in Tramore/Waterford?

• 24-03-2006 1:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

hi, we're in the process of moving to Tramore and will be looking to find playgroups for our 1 year old - anyone know of any in Tramore or Waterford City?

thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

What sort? If you mean organised crech/nursury style facility then there are a few - my niece is in Jigsaw situated on the Waterford Outer Ring Road near Arkdeen.

Heres a few other names to look up

St Joseph’s Centre, Waterford Childcare Centre, First Steps Crèche,
    Presentation Pre-school, Jigsaw Nursery, Humptys House, Woodlands Crèche, all in Waterford City. Childcare services in Jack and Jill Montessori Tramore.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 damo69

hi Mike, thanks for that. We're more looking for drop in groups where my wife can bring him to play with other babies the same age (and meet other mothers) rather than full time care.

There are a few such groups that he goes to in Dublin, where basically all the mums turn up with their kids, and they play games and sing songs for a few hours, and these are held in local community halls and such places (and there is a small fee to partake).

Have you heard of any such things in Waterford? We'll be moving down in a few weeks and these may be easier to find when we're actually living there.

thanks again,
    damian.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

There's a weekly parent and toddler meeting every wednesday morning in Ardkeen Library (Waterford city) and on the first wednesday of every month they have a speaker.
    I've friends with preschoolers in Tramore so I can find out for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 damo69

thanks for that. We found this info on another board (rollercoaster.ie), its seems there are a few gatherings which is great to hear!

Ardkeen
    Children's section of Ardkeen Library Weds 10:30 a.m. Each month the group invites a speaker to address the meeting. All are welcome. Contact Debbie djohnston@waterfordcity.ie at 051 849755 for more details.

Dungarvan
    Youth Club, Ringnasilloge:
    Little Monkeys - Carers & Toddlers Group
    Mons 10.30am - 12noon
    Mother 2 Mother - Breastfeeding Mums
    Tuesday - 10.30am - 12noon
    Tel: 086 3914269

Dunhill
    Dunhill GAA Centre
    Fridays 10am-12pm
    Contact Maura 051/396881
    or Sarah 051/396520