Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Road and Houses over Bray Head

Options
  • 24-03-2006 2:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭

The fears of local residents that the proposed marina development will lead to a road over Bray head have been heightened as a result of submissions made to An Bord Pleanala in connection with the EIS.

Two separate submissions support the view that the proposal cannot operate without a northern access route.

The First of these is prepared on behalf of Tracey Enterprises, a company which owns land on the lower slopes of Bray Head. It includes a detailed traffic survey which, according to Fiachra, confirms the findings of previous studies that the development cannot function without another access route. Tracey Enterprises propose that they be allowed construct an access road down the lower slopes of Bray Head and in addition be allowed construct a substantial housing development along side the road. “This proves that developers are already lining up to build on Bray Head on the back of this Marina development”

The second submission comes from the Dublin Transportation Office. The submission stating that “The provision of one access point….does not seem appropriate for a development of this scale”.

“What this demonstrates is that there is now a significant body of traffic expertise who are agreed that this development, in its current form, cannot operate without a northern access route” . “Such a route would inevitably lead to housing development on Bray Head.”

“The GPDA again calls on all local councillors to confirm that if the development cannot be built without a northern access route, that they will abandon the plan” he concluded.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

I must admit I'm 100% behind the harbour proposal but developing Bray Head is a big NO NO for me. Sounds a bit dubious.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Well, obviously something needs to be done about the harbour in the form of minor development but putting in a second road to access it from the Bray side is open for abuse by the adjacent landowners/developers.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Fiachra2

Valmont wrote:
    I must admit I'm 100% behind the harbour proposal but developing Bray Head is a big NO NO for me. Sounds a bit dubious.

Rest assured. If a development of this size goes ahead there is virtually no chance of stopping a road down Bray head. The land is alrady owned by property developers. The town councillors favouring the marina say they are opposed to a road on Bray head (and indeed one or two genuinly are). However the traffic the marina will generate will mean that local residents will be screaming for the road and that will give the councillors the excuse they need to change their minds.

Several years ago when I was on the council I tried to get the planners to change the county plan to specifically exclude a road under any circumstances. The absolutly refused to do so.

We asked local councillors to commit that if it was found the marina required a new road they would scale back or drop the marina plans. Again they refused to do so.

Is any more proof needed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Bertie

Fiachra you may have a point about development on Bray head .Recently a deal was struck with an individual who owns 500 acres on the head.He has recieved planning for 3 houses on greystones side of the head in exchange for building the large wall at the house /junction at windgates (not the person who owns the house) and widening the access/ putting up signage there/ also kerbing and improving the surface on entry to windgates.He also gave 70 acres to the council in exchange for these houses which when built on the head will be worth well in excess of €1.5 million as they are on large sites --the 70 acres was useless as it couldn.t be rezoned from agricultural.Now the council have 70 acres sweeping down to the sea from the head to do as they please with.I'm for the development of the marina but not Bray Head

Advertisement