Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT refund - today's the day!

• 24-03-2006 2:17pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

I have been overbilled and not recevived (promised) refunds since my September 24th billing, i was SUPPOSED to get the funds on the January 24th billing...yet more broken promises from BT.

So today is the day folks, i'm owed nearly €300 in credits, i rang yesterday one more time, after having made dozens of calls, and they tell me it's good to go.

But with all the broken promises i have little faith, i'll know Monday for sure when my bill is available online...so let's hope!?

I've already told them i've been to my solicitor about taking them to the small claims court and i have been into my bank about cancelling my direct debit.
    Thus if the credits are not on this bill it's goodbye to BT and hello legal action!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭demosuzki

I have been overbilled and not recevived (promised) refunds since my September 24th billing, i was SUPPOSED to get the funds on the January 24th billing...yet more broken promises from BT.

So today is the day folks, i'm owed nearly €300 in credits, i rang yesterday one more time, after having made dozens of calls, and they tell me it's good to go.

But with all the broken promises i have little faith, i'll know Monday for sure when my bill is available online...so let's hope!?

I've already told them i've been to my solicitor about taking them to the small claims court and i have been into my bank about cancelling my direct debit.
    Thus if the credits are not on this bill it's goodbye to BT and hello legal action!

good luck.
    after a year delay they sent my cheque to the wrong address.
    now have to wait to see if it was cashed before they will re issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Sapele

I know exactly how you feel, I’ve been there with BT. I wish you all the best but unfortunately I fear the worst. They are horrendous and will in my opinion refund when they have absolutely no choice. I have recently cancelled esat BT broadband and am now using an eircom dial up pay as you go service (yes I know) until I can use NTL, Smart or Digiweb (still investigating each), but I am actually happy now I am free of those thief’s. I got my refund and so will you, keep at them, it’s sad to say this but it's the only way.

EDIT: hopefully some day soon we won't have to put up with companies like esatBT

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Sapele

damn I’ve forgotten how difficult it is to move around on dial up!! Make sure you use comreg (comreg.ie) to help you. If it weren’t for them I’d still be banging my head against the BT brickwall. Comreg may insist you have a BT complaints reference number. Get it by emailing complaints@btireland.com and give them a full account of the problem. Unfortunately BT's complaints dept consists of a standard email reply, phone numbers that go constantly to voicemail, no more answers to your emails and more frustration... but at least you have a complaints number. Apologies if you have already done this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭demosuzki

i know i should take this further but i'm so tired of it.
    30+ emails. 10+ phone calls. over a year.
    gonna wait to see if an post find me before i go further.

i cut a deal with (split the difference between what thye owed and what they said they owed me.)
    if it doesn;t arrive soon i'm going to the small claims for the lot.

i recently moved and needed to get broadband.
    eircom or esat or one of the eircom wholesale resellers seemed to be the only option.
    went with eircom in the end as i've never had any probelms with them either customer services (billing) or technically.
    they can be slow to deliver and i'm gonna pay over the odds for it but i can't deal with a marketing hyped non-existant teleco

as far as i see it BT (esat) have no interest in non-business customers.

waht annoys me more is the slaves who work for them who carry out this selfish corporate party line.

Advertisement