Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inserting HTML into an Oracle Field

Options
  • 24-03-2006 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Currently writing a web app with a form front end. I have a text area where I want a user to add html text, and click save.
    I need to capture the contents of the textarea and insert into an oracle field.

What type of field can preserver line breaks, etc?

Anyone done anything like this before? Should I be looking at clobs instead?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

I presume when you say "I want a user to add html text" you mean ordinary text that will then be displayed in a html page?
    I used Oracle to store html text before, I used varchar with a large value (200 I think)

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭garlad

Tried it with varchar, and it works ok. Think I have to convert special characters, etc though before inserting record. I have clobs working now, so I think I'll go that route. Get the user to upload a html file instead of pasting html into a textarea.

Advertisement