Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

superman is evil

Options
  • 24-03-2006 4:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

I have to say I always had difficulties with superman. when you think about it he's pretty evil.
    If he's capable of moving faster than a speeding bullet then it only stands to reason he can think at the same speed. Every day for him must've been excruciating intellectual agony as he had to converse with dullards at a soul crushingly slow pace, our thought processes, motion and speech appearing like a slowed down tape over a perpiod of hours/days weeks and soforth.

If he was capable of thinking at such a rate surely he would've been the most breathtaking super-genius of all time and could've built all kinds of incredible machinery to get us into outer space, solve world hunger, solve all power crises, unite galaxies/races etc. NOt to mention the fact that he only turned time back to save this girl he fancied who he wasn't evne going out with, rather than say, stopping the holocaust or The Soviet purges or chernobyl or saving the lives of ghandi, Martn Luther King, Jesus and people like that.

No. All he did was stay in this one little town and chase this bit of skirt while working as a journalist. Sickening.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭plenderj

Just because he's a quick thinker doesn't mean he's not as thick as two short planks :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Cungi

Psst. Superman dosen't exist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Maccattack

Cungi wrote:
    Psst. Superman dosen't exist

Ooohh I'm telling my mum on you...

MUUUUUUMMM HEEEEES TELLING LIES

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭birdwatcher

Spot on there Plenderj.
    ....and his Super-Lazer-vision-zapper-weapon-thingy obviously didn't do his sight much good.....Lois Lane was a bit of a minger...you'd think Superman could have any bird in the world....so why would he pick a bird with a face like a spanked arse.

And he could have picked a decent tailor too...those tights were a little too revealing....I'm surprised he wore any undies at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭birdwatcher

Maccattack wrote:

For f*cks sake people, we're trying to have a seroius discussion here. If you can't contribute something positive, then don't bother posting at all.

....and for the record, they're not actually lies, they're just untruths designed to upset you sweetie, We'll get the big boys to sort him out later.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Catullus

plenderj wrote:
    Just because he's a quick thinker doesn't mean he's not as thick as two short planks :p

you've a point, but surely the likelihood is that if you can think at a certain superfast rate, say, faster than the fastest computer, one thought following another, you could make some impressive progress. I mean just to keep yourself remotely occupied for a month at his reading speed you'd have to read all the worlds libraries!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Cungi

Maccattack wrote:

Sorry Clark. By the way Lois is a minger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Maccattack

For f*cks sake people, we're trying to have a seroius discussion here. If you can't contribute something positive, then don't bother posting at all.

....and for the record, they're not actually lies, they're just untruths designed to upset you sweetie, We'll get the big boys to sort him out later.

:rolleyes:

Man you have issues. And this 'dont bother posting' thing. Is that a direct order? Last I heard this was a public forum. When were the dictators let in?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭jsr

Just cos SM can move fast doesn't mean he can think fast. In the that case the fastest man in world would be the smartest and I dont see Stephen Hawkins winning Gold in many sprints! Well if he pimped his chair he might:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

If he's capable of moving faster than a speeding bullet then it only stands to reason he can think at the same speed.
    No, it doesn't. Therefore, the rest is moot.

surely it does mean just that, otherwise he'd be killed instantly or at least unable to do anything at that speed. We've all seen him reading superfast in films etc. Surely this means his brain works at the same rate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

A lot of that (except maybe reading) would be reflex action, which doesn't require conscious thought.

Also, if you've ever seen any of the movies, tv shows or comics, you'll notice that while Superman is formulating a plan, he usually hovers in mid air\stands there for a second watching the person get away until he acts. Because he can move faster means he has more time before he has to act, but it doesn't mean he thinks faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭jsr

Catullus wrote:
    surely it does mean just that, otherwise he'd be killed instantly or at least unable to do anything at that speed. We've all seen him reading superfast in films etc. Surely this means his brain works at the same rate!
    Still doesn't mean he is a creative thinker he could have the imagination of a wet dish rag, and prob does judging from his outfit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

i got an edition of "wizard" and it had funny quotes from old comics and one was from ol supes best mate bats when talking to a female "wrong doer" he says "shut up or poppa slap" i fell over laughing

No I'm sure I've seen him not only reading but also writing up articles for the Daily planet at super speed, steaming pumping out of the type writer!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

i stand by my theory that the best superman stories are the ones written by writers who dont actually like him.

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    i stand by my theory that the best superman stories are the ones written by writers who dont actually like him.

example?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

shouldn't this be in the comic forum? but anyway how could anyone like superman hes such a badly written character pretty much infalable, unbeatable etc, look at the marvel characters, they are far more rounded as characters. ie wolverine compleatly falable his powers reflect this "a healing factor" one could argue his life is so broken up that he can survive any physical wound but not his mental wounds.

DC. poorly written characters depending on action and super powers etc.
    Marvel. characters that are well rounded and fairly well devoloped

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭NikNik

Catullus wrote:

Superman has the ability to move superfast, but he only goes superfast when he needs to. Same goes for his brainpower. You can see when you watch him that not everything he does is in double-time. He can control when to use his abilities.

What a legend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Catullus wrote:
    example?

season 2 of justice league unlimited i think
    the one where superman is a dick
    . the story was penned by the batman of the future writer *i think* and he's not very fond of superman.

Also i'm pretty sure frank miller is not a superman fan and how he writes him in dark knight returns is excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Ever read the bible? God murdered pleanty of people to get what he wanted. What ever about mass genocide, but when it's mass genocide of children that is a different story. Oh wait, God killed every first born child in egypt, didn't he! What a scumbag. People are aware superman is fiction, people not only think God exists but worship him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭BrenC

The new Lois Lane in superman returns is a hotty

http://myhorseconnection.com/kate/katebosworth43.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Binomate wrote:
    Ever read the bible? God murdered pleanty of people to get what he wanted. What ever about mass genocide, but when it's mass genocide of children that is a different story. Oh wait, God killed every first born child in egypt, didn't he! What a scumbag. People are aware superman is fiction, people not only think God exists but worship him!

Hee! Hee! Aaow!

So, you think the Bible 'aint fiction then I take it?

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

BrenC wrote:
    The new Lois Lane in superman returns is a hotty

http://myhorseconnection.com/kate/katebosworth43.jpg

She has more fake tan than a Girls Aloud photoshoot for their latest foray into pre-teen exploitation...

Nuts photoshop FTW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Hee! Hee! Aaow!

So, you think the Bible 'aint fiction then I take it?

:D
    The Bible should be certified 18's or better yet banned. To much brainwashing and violence in it. I can't believe it's still being taught to kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

She has more fake tan than a Girls Aloud photoshoot for their latest foray into pre-teen exploitation...

Nuts photoshop FTW

roffle

NikNik wrote:
    Superman has the ability to move superfast, but he only goes superfast when he needs to. Same goes for his brainpower. You can see when you watch him that not everything he does is in double-time. He can control when to use his abilities.

What a legend

Now I know what you had pictured me wearing....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

"What Kent wears, the glasses, the business suit, that's the costume. That's the costume Superman wears to blend in with us. Clark Kent is how Superman views us. And what are the characteristics of Clark Kent? He's weak, he's unsure of himself... he's a coward. Clark Kent is Superman's critique on the whole human race."
    - Kill Bill 2

So to hell with Superman and his stupid blue/red costume!

• Advertisement

Pigman II wrote:
    "What Kent wears, the glasses, the business suit, that's the costume. That's the costume Superman wears to blend in with us. Clark Kent is how Superman views us. And what are the characteristics of Clark Kent? He's weak, he's unsure of himself... he's a coward. Clark Kent is Superman's critique on the whole human race."
    - Kill Bill 2

So to hell with Superman and his stupid blue/red costume!

But it looks so cool

Advertisement