Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moto GP

• 24-03-2006 4:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭

Wasn't sure whether to put this here or in the motorsport section so I choose here as it seems more apt.

Anyway, who's going to watch the race on Sunday?

I really hope we get an opener like last year's. Here's the last lap of that race

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

What a finish!! I'll be watching it, so much more exciting that F1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

cant bleedin wait :D:D:D:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

i can, i dont watch it and the parent are glued to it and my mother screams with delight when rossi does anything at all.... no more sleepin in th emornings and they;ve changed the desktop to have rossi on it too (but in last seasons colours, tsk tsk)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

sounds like your parents know whats important in life. Rossi doin somthin!
    I got the sky plus set to record, so i can watch it... and again, in case i miss Rossi doin anythin...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

poor rossi :D

go on pedrosa

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

i got the full run down when i came home from work. go rossi for gettin back up and setting fast laps w/ half his controls missing. go pedrosa for being shorter than the podium itself. go work for keepin me away form the madness!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

I feel sorry for me telly.. cos i keep shoutin at it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Quite a turn around in one year for Rossi on this track - from ruining Gibernau on the last corner of last year's race to being ousted himself on the first corner of this year's race....Karma's a b!tch!!!

Fair play to him for getting back up though, he should've got back on quicker but his frustration got the better of him.

I only caught the last 7 laps, but Pedrosa has made a name for himself already. Very clever backing off like he did, no point in burning out the tires and risking a fall/crash due to the wear and tear. Had it been someone else they might not have made that decision.

Nicky Hayden me thinks will be up on the podium alot more this year too.

Another thing, anyone else think the female BBC Moto GP presenter is hot??:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Feckn pitty Rossi went at the first turn, i was lookn forward to a good battle between himself, Loris, Pedrosa & Sete(he must have the worst luck in moto gp) Fair play to Pedrosa who showed what he can do at the top level, shapeing up to be a good season already, Rossi's responce should be interesting, i expect nothing less than a win from him in the next round!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭MizzKattt

I'm going to jump on the Rossi bandwagon and say how friggin cool it was of him to get back up and finish. That spill he took didn't look like any fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

hehe, aww poor Rossi, he's probably really pissed now and will take it out on everyone by letting no one else win a race for the rest of the season :)

Let's hope Pedrosa has something to say about it though, next race is on Saturday the 8th y'all.

I'm hanging my hopes on Hayden. That boy has moxy!

MotoGP: Nick Hayden Fastest At Jerez Test
    Grand Prix Elite Rack Up The Test Mileage

by toby hirst
    Monday, March 27, 2006

Pos. Rider Team Bike Time
    1 Nicky Hayden Repsol Honda Team Honda RC211V 1:39.908
    2 Sete Gibernau Ducati Marlboro Team Ducati Desmosedici GP-6 1:40.504
    3 Loris Capirossi Ducati Marlboro Team Ducati Desmosedici GP-6 1:40.799
    4 Casey Stoner Honda LCR Honda RC211V 1:40.824
    5 Dani Pedrosa Repsol Honda Team Honda RC211V 1:40.845
    6 Carlos Checa Tech 3 Yamaha Yamaha YZR-M1 1:40.932
    7 Valentino Rossi Camel Yamaha Team Yamaha YZR-M1 1:40.969
    8 John Hopkins Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki GSV-R 1:41.089
    9 Shinya Nakano Kawasaki Racing Team Kawasaki Ninja ZX-RR 1:41.178
    10 Toni Elias Fortuna Honda Honda RC211V 1:41.194
    11 Makoto Tamada Konica Minolta Honda Honda RC211V 1:41.234
    12 Marco Melandri Fortuna Honda Honda RC211V 1:41.396
    13 Colin Edwards Camel Yamaha Team Yamaha YZR-M1 1:41.442
    14 Chris Vermeulen Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki GSV-R 1:41.554
    15 Kenny Roberts Jnr. Team Roberts KR211V 1:41.855
    16 James Ellison Tech 3 Yamaha Yamaha YZR-M1 1:42.924

Here are early, and unofficial lap times from today's test at the Jerez circuit following the Spanish Grand Prix weekend.

Repsol Honda's Nick Hayden finished the day fastest, with the Ducati factory rounding out the "podium", on the day. Gibernau, who retired with a mechanical failure during the race, had an innocuous fall early in the session, but managed to head team-mate (and race victor) Loris Capirossi.

Casey Stoner came home fourth after his impressive MotoGP debut, and Dani Pedrosa remained competitive following his storming performance over 27 laps yesterday.

Valentino Rossi tested some alternative tires today but still completed his day's work 1.061 seconds back of Hayden.

John Hopkins came home in eighth place, Colin Edwards was 13th, and Kenny Junior completed his test programme in 15th.

SOURCE: www.superbikeplanet.com

Advertisement