Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VST Plugins for Pro Tools?

Options
  • 24-03-2006 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭

I'm using Pro Tools LE 7. I have the usual plugins that came with it. Im looking to get a few more. Some of them are VST. Will VST plugins work with Pro Tools? If they do, is it as simple as installing the plugin and it will appear in the "audio suite" menu? If not how do I do it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

You need to put the VST .dll's in a folder c:\programfiles\protools\VST or something like that then update the list of VST's in protools or import a new folder with VST's. Apologies for vague response, I'm a Cubase SX3/Adobe Audition 1.5 man myself, dont use PT

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭QuadLeo

Ok. Thanks. I'll give it a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

go to the digidesign forum, it's amazing how quick you get a reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Rubberbandits

VST's dont work in pro tools. You need to buy the fxpansion VST to RTAS converter. Its quite good but costs about 180 euros. Its main advantage is for using vst softsynths, but most good softsynths are RTAS (pro tools format) compatible these days anyway. If you are only interested in loading up vst effects plugins then I wouldnt bother buying the fxpansion converter, fork out for something like "Native instruments guitar rig instead". That has all your effects needs in one.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭QuadLeo

Thanks for the reply Rubberbandits. I think I'll just stick with the RTAS. I really only wanted a few VST's. I'd rather spend the extra €180 on RTAS plugins.

• Advertisement
Advertisement