Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Protection - Life Assurance only policy

Options
  • 24-03-2006 6:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Anyone being ripped off by their Life Assurance company? If you've been paying premiums for a few years, shop around again. The Assurance companies are able to offer better rates now but are not passing on the savings to existing customers unless they ask. On a relatively small sum assured, I will be saving 400 euro at least over the remaining 6 years. I don't want Bank of Ireland to have that money.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Any online brokers for life assurance and mortgage protection policies?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Culchie wrote:
    Any online brokers for life assurance and mortgage protection policies?

You could try 123.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 modbhcci

Try this broker.........

Paula O'Callaghan [paula.ocallaghan@bbg.ie]

Brosnan Boylan Golden Ltd
    128 Bank Place, Mallow, Co. Cork
    Tel: 022 21470. Fax: 022 21237

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

LA Brokers did a great job for me on my mortgage protection. Despite having high blood pressure he got me an unrated quote and my first year for free. Get a quote from him at least. It won't cost you anything except the time it takes to apply. And an excellent personal service via regular email updates.

www.labrokers.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Sarsfield wrote:
    LA Brokers did a great job for me on my mortgage protection. Despite having high blood pressure he got me an unrated quote and my first year for free. Get a quote from him at least. It won't cost you anything except the time it takes to apply. And an excellent personal service via regular email updates.

www.labrokers.ie

I second that - an excellent service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Mizu_Ger

Dub13 wrote:
    You could try 123.ie

I am shopping around for Mortgage Protection Life Assunance at the moment and got an online quote from 123.ie that is about 70% of what I can currently paying. They also have a special offer to pay a full 12 months up front and get 50% off this. Works out at about €10 a month for my wife and I. I am seriosuly considering this, but I have never heard of 123.ie before. Is there anything I should know?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Tesco worked out the best for me , and it came with a free pint of milk (i may have made up the second bit)....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Mizu_Ger

jhegarty wrote:
    Tesco worked out the best for me , and it came with a free pint of milk (i may have made up the second bit)....

I tried tesco.ie and their quote is slightly cheaper than 123.ie, but with the latter's 50% special offer 123 is still way better. Its just that I have never heard of them and wanted some opinions.

btw, I'm grand for milk, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭jubi lee

123.ie is just a brokerage, they get quotes for you from companies such as hibernian etc. i've got with them the last few years and they are always wayyyy cheaper! no hassle with them at all and they are very helpful...

so just to recap you aren't actually insured with them, they are just the broker.

Advertisement