Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Penalty Points

Options
  • 24-03-2006 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

About 2 months ago, I was caught speeding, it's a fair cop, put me hands up, etc. The cop who flagged me down told me my speed, showed me the hair dryer, and took my license saying I'd have to pay a fine.

I got the letter about 2 weeks later and promptly paid it off, getting a receipt last week, but it occurs to me that niether the cop nor the letter made any mention of penalty points.

Is it just assumed by now that everyone knows that you get 2 penalty points for speeding, and my license has already been endorsed or do I get a specific notice of this fact?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

It's always been mentioned to me, and the ticket always mentioned it too ("if you challenge you get four instead of two", etc, etc). Sounds like you got away with it, although I have to admit surprise that the Minister for Propoganda allows it.

Advertisement