Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband outside the Pale

• 24-03-2006 6:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭

I'm looking for a way to get eircom broadband in Rush. Does anyone here have any ideas? I have rung them over the past few months, every month, in the desperate hope that maybe the girl at the end of the phone would read something favourable off her computer screen.

I was disappointed the first few times I was told that there would be no broadband in Russia but i accepted it bravely and vowed to continue the struggle but then, to my horror, I found out that the guy down the lane (its kind of a country place) has eircom broadband. He was told the exact same thing by eircom, that broadband was not available, but he then got a mate in the company to call over and have it installed for him.

Armed with this new information I rang up Eircom again. "No broadband isn't available yet" i was told. Exactly what i expected but i had her trapped this time, she couldnt deny the evidence I had about my neighbour, could she? I began to present my evidence and half way through she said "no, bye" and hung up.

I hate having to beg these people every month down the phone line. Anyone got any ideas on how the fleck i can get boradband in Rush?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

have you tried the "non-Human" method of checking? :confused:

http://home.eircom.net/javascript/Broadband/Offer/Public/index.jsp

It wont help you get BB any faster but at least you can avoid someone telling you so .... :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Rush is well within the Pale, stupid question :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Sponge Bob wrote:
    Rush is well within the Pale, stupid question :D

even Trim is in the Pale....;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭pokypoky

You know you're outside the pale when there's more tractors on the road than cars....so Rush qualifies big time. I tried that self check thing and they told me to ring up a sales person. Its a vicious circle methinks, will someone call to rush and give me broadband pleaseeeeeeeee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Mr_Man

have a word with your neighbour and see if his mate would be willing to sort you out for a few €'s. I know that it shouldn't have to come to this, but we are talking about €ircom here...........

Another option would be to offer to share the cost with your neighbour of an upgraded package and set up a wire or wireless link between your houses.

HTH
    M.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭pokypoky

Thanks for the advice. The neighbour in question is reticent about revealing his inside man in Eircom. I think its pretty disgraceful to be honest. I'm not an expert on the process of rolling out Eircom broadband so I cant comment on the seemingly slow expansion of the broaband network throughout the country even though I would like to...

But what really annoys me is the fact that broadband is available on my line yet i cant get it because of the ineptitude of Eircom. Everytime I ring them up they tell me its not available and I tell them it is. If they want to provide me with a telecommunication service they should know the state of my line and should be doing everything within their power to help me get broadband because I need it badly for college work. I could rant about this all day but I have other stuff to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Mail phil.nolan@eircom.ie

That has sorted out problems for people in the past. Mention the amber program and tell him your problem.

Advertisement