Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

so I bought a new golf bag.....

• 24-03-2006 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭

Had a few vouchers so I decided to get a new bag after one of the pockets on mine ripped a little. Walked into a well know golf shop on Dublin's northside and had a browse. Near the counter I spotted a nice Mizuno bag reduced from 189 to 129 so I thought that looks grand. Asked the assistant is it reduced cos it's the last one, he said yes it's last years model. So I took it.

Arrived home delighted with myself. Went through all the pockets removing all the plastic stuffing and wrapping, tags etc. In one of the pockets was a blown up plastic bag there for filling the bag out for display purposes. So I took it out then put my hand back in to check for anymore only to find a wallet!!! Euros in it and a name badge inside the wallet.

I'm thinking how the hell did that get there? My thinking is someone working in another golf shop or golf course stole it, then pretended they won it as a prize or got it as a gift and tried to exchange it. It's a young persons wallet.

Anyone have any ideas? What should I do? I contacted the golf shop to see if they had anyone working under the name of that on the name badge. No was the answer, I also asked to speak to the manager but he wasn't there.

Going to give the money to charity and dump the wallet probably. Anyone any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Alkers

speak to the manager as whoever told you it's the last one was probably lying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

Hey give the guy back his wallet. If you can tell who owns it then let him have it back.

It's not your concern how it got there. And if it is his bag he should have it back too. The shop will refund you, and more if it turns out to be stolen.;)
    Cal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

how about contacting the gardai re the missing wallett if it was stolen or lost there may be a report on it. i know it seems like a waste of time but if it was your wallet you'd hope someone else would try to find you instead of dumping your wallet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭css

I agree returning it would be the nice thing to do, not enough decency in the world these days.. I'd also have a chat with the gordee..

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭stringy

Its a really unusual name, only 11 entries in the phone book so I'll ring around. All that was in the wallet was 29ish euro and a name badge. I'v used the bag already, if I cant find the owner money going to charity and wallet getting dumped, nothing of value in it and it's a cheapo wallet anyway

• Advertisement
Advertisement