Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT customer service

Options
  • 24-03-2006 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

Right so the last straw was today.. they finally responded to an email i sent on march 3rd!! Thats practically a month later!!!!

Here is the initial mail i sent to them.. without personal stuff of course
    OK this is starting to irritate me a lot!!
    I ordered broadband and line back in January for the offer of €25 for the
    first 4 months and €40 after that. I got the broadband pretty quick but
    weeks later when i noticed i was still with eircom for my calls etc i called
    customer service only to be told there was never an order placed for the
    whole package but not to worry as i could order it now. I was also told that
    i would be refunded any money i overpaid as by this time i had got my first
    bill which was over €50 for broadband alone.
    I was put through to a telephone contract thing where i answered all
    questions and have heard nothing since.. the other day i got something about
    the post simply thanking me for my order.
    So my question is this.. do you actually want me as a customer? If not
    refund me and cancel and i will go with someone else or stick with eircom. I
    only have so much patience for this kind of crap. Oh and im writing this
    email because every time i call on the phone and get the auto callback...
    your system for tracking orders is down so no one can help me!!

Anyway the mail i got back today pretty much said.. sorry about the delay getting back to you.. no order has been placed yet again.. so that was 2 orders that went walkabout!! I pretty much told them their customer service sucked and i would forward a complaint to UK head office.. i did picking random email addresses from the UK site.. i got a reply back very quickly from someone saying they could not help in that department but he gave me an email address and phone number to use that should work..

I know im not the only one who has had problems with them.. its a shame as their broadband product itself is excellent.. no problems..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

There appear to be hundreds if not thousands of complaints about the Bt customer care or the want thereof.

I would suggest that everyone who has a complaint that cant be resolved within 4 or 5 weeks should refer the matter to Comreg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I have had a few run ins with BT as well over the years,there customer service is one of the worst I have ever encountered.

On a side note,I am hearing bad experience's about most if not all the broadband providers in the country.I not sure what it is with them all but they are in a mess.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Saruman wrote:
    .. no order has been placed yet again.. so that was 2 orders that went walkabout!!
    It appears that the combined bb+Line Rental offer for €40 is vapourware and that they simply lose them ....or provision the BB bit only and 'lose' the line rental bit.
    I know im not the only one who has had problems with them.. its a shame as their broadband product itself is excellent.. no problems..
    So right.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Sponge Bob wrote:
    It appears that the combined bb+Line Rental offer for €40 is vapourware and that they simply lose them ....or provision the BB bit only and 'lose' the line rental bit.

So right.

Hmm. I've just contacted them and they confirmed that my line rental has gone to them as well during my transfer (from 21 March). And I'm on the 40euro bundle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Liam Nolan

I had a similar problem but I was being billed by BT and UTV for my BB and line it took 4 mothhs to sort out the refund and since then Dec. I have not had a bill from BT even though I have my phone and BB with them I have been on to them 17 times about getting a bill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

Well surprise surprise, got the online bill yesterday from BT.

Yes the credit due for combined broadband and line rental had not been applied for the period from Nov to Dec.:mad: Even though this was promised in January. It has been applied for the current period though!

Well at least they don't get my dosh until it's all sorted!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

nearly 2 years ago they lost my order repeatedly until it turns out i couldnt get bb in the 1st place even though they rang me and said i could. the thread is here some where but it a debacle best forgotten.

Recently i got overcharged by about €30, rang about it and received a letter stating that hey acknowledge i was overcharged and would be refunded in the next bill. Nearly died of shock and amazement to have actually received a letter off them. Waiting for next bill to see if they actually do refund me the overcharge.

BT, technically a good bb service. God help you if you have to go to their customer service for any problem though.

/aside
    Oh look, they have a shiny new website. What are the odds they have a shiny new competent customer service as well.......HA! yeah right.

/edit
    Saruman, You should follow the advice of SpongeBob in this post here. I did and everyone who has a complaint should too

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

redman wrote:
    Yes the credit due for combined broadband and line rental had not been applied for the period from Nov to Dec.:mad:
    Told you so :D

See the first 3 or 4 threads here for details on how to complain and escalate . You must give them 10 days to sort it after receipt of complaint number before you can go to Comreg .

Ensure you get a complaint number when you do contact them and that all dealings are in writing .

Also do what scruff did and log the complaint here too. They are telling the consumer association that their billing is fixed and fully functional.

This bundle deal that nobody can seemingly get is fraud, their billing system cannot handle the bundles but they keep 'selling' them

Advertisement