Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Potassium/sodium

• 25-03-2006 12:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hey, I was just wondering if anyone knows any shops in Dublin where I could buy either potassium or sodium cyanide. I'm trying to finish off some jewelry I'm making at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭liamo

By "Jewelry" you mean wife/girlfriend, right ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 tisquall

No, I mean a gold ring I'm working with at the moment. Any places you know of?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

liamo wrote:
    By "Jewelry" you mean wife/girlfriend, right ?
    lol.. that's the funniest thing I've read all week :D

To OP.. these guys'd probably have what you're looking for
    http://www.lennoxlabs.com/

and it's just beside the kylemore road

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Mucco

What does the cyanide do to the jewellery?
    Make sure you decompose it properly before disposing of it, bleach should do the trick.

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 nqnln78

Yeah there's not a snowball's chance in hell of an individual buying cyanide for that sort of purpose these days. Aldrich, the principal supplier of chemicals to the market here requires reams of risk assessments and justification of the use of these compounds - and that's for legitimate R&D purpose in large academic and industrial surrounds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭SOL

Potassium Cyanide, I suggest you look up an MSDS for it on google, but as far as I know the LD50 for it works out to about 100mg for an adult. It's use is even restricted in research to absolute necessity.
    Might I suggest you are infact looking for something else, or to commit murder (which would most likely lead to death by miss adventure on you behalf).

legendary first post on this thread!lol

Advertisement