Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES online on the ps2! AHHHHH

Options
  • 25-03-2006 12:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭

This is really pissing me off, i can connect to central station (reminds me of amsterdam!) with that network disk, i registered my name and all that shíte, but when i go to "Network" in the main menu of PES5 and go through the motions i get the dredded "Testing Network Enviroment" hang! I tried to follow a few posts, but this "pinhole" option isn't available! I've got eircom broadband, i thought setting up ps2 gameing would be simple! someone help so i can start to kick ass in iss online!:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

btw, i even disable the firewall of my neotopia router, still didn't work!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

The only way we can really help is to post the www.portforward.com website.

You just have to find your router make/model and follow the instructions. I use old firmware on the Netopia 3347W and I didn't update it for the sole reason I've heard people having trouble with newer Firmware of it. That site should help you out though (if you've not already tried it).

I tried that site, but it didn't list the Neotopia 3347 NWG which i have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

It has the 3346 but Eircom stick their own firmware on the router so it will look different to the website but the idea is the same, you have to have that port open.

Most routers admin page are very different even with the same router, so usually in advanced section of it is an option to open the port.

kdjac

I followed this, and the guide form here but still no luck. When i go into service details under NAT (whatever that is!) on my router page i have this:

Service Name *PES5PS2
    Protocol UDP
    Global Port Range 5730 - 5730
    Base Host Port 5730

is wrong here, or am i missing some other info? I was trying for about 3 hours last night! The annoying thing is, the eircom broadband page tells you how to set you your x-box and psp, but nothing about the ps2. considering ireland has the highest number of ps2's per capita you would thing they would give us a set up guide for their routers!
    I just notices that "Static IP address thing on the PortForward page, never done that. What the hell is that! AHHHHH!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

The static ip is if you keep the same ip ie 192.168.1.2 so if your router assigns you that IP then you must open the port for that IP.

kdjac

I'm completely lost here, I reckon I'll stick to the master league. Hopefully the PS3 will be easier to setup

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

Im not familiar with that router , but if there is the DMZ option you could try that for the time u need to play online.
    just put the local ip of the ps2 there and thats it

How come i can go to central station with my network access disk, view a load of rubbish about WRC4, Killzone and This is Football, but i can't fecken play PES!! I need a drink!

Hang on, i'm getting somewhere! Think it's working!

• Advertisement

If you're going to forward a port on your router, then it's best (and necessary with most routers) to assign that forwarded port to a static IP.

When in the online menu of PES5, press Triangle I think it is, and change the IP address of your console to anything in the range 192.168.1.2-250. Then make sure your router has the right IP address set to forward the right port.

That should do it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

for pro evo you dont need to use the disc that came with the network adaptor,you cn just go straight into network on the pro evo main menu

I got it working, thanks for the help lads:)
    Is there any particular server or lobby that Irish people go into? I lost 4 in a row last night in the german one, they're too efficient! I lost all confidence, i'll have to pick someone other than Juventus, not enough pace! Picking Ireland is a bad idea too, think i'll go with Brazil or Argentina from now on.
    It's pretty addictive, my social life is officaially over! What's the story with download limits, will my 8gigs a month from eircom disappear if i use it too often?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

well its good that you got it working, i had the same problems a while back. i generally just play in whatever is free in the english server, never bothered going to the german one or anything.

Yeah, i did one quick start and there was a massive lag, better off going to an english lobby and playing someone with a decent connection. A few cheating bástards disconnected when i was kicking their arse! :mad:

Please dont become another Brazil only player, there's too many of those cocks around already.

I'm the same as Playa3, I stick to English Server 1, whatever Lobby is free but practically full.

I'm just Dar on there, but I'm not on too much these days, thesis deadline approaching. Udinese or Villareal for clubs, Denmark or some other randomer for countries. :)

Argentina are my country. PES/ISS were always rough on Juventus stats wise, but i still pick them. Nedved, Delpiero, Ibrahimovic, Emerson, Camoronasi and Zambrotta are all a lot better that their stats. I still stick with them, but you get bored with the same teams, England are good, i pick them if someone picks argentina first, but usually people go straight for Brasil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

i like the italian server,my team would usually be juve or arsenal or real madrid

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭spareman

Paparazzo wrote:
    Hang on, i'm getting somewhere! Think it's working!
    How did you get it to work, Im having the same problem now, Testing network enviroment just stuck on the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Paddy Irishman

Are all you guys playing via Eircom broadband with 2mb download? That's what I have anyway but games online are a disaster. Nowhere near the same as playing a mate offline. I reckon my opponents all have faster connections than I do hence the bad results. What lobby do you all play in and what times during the week? Would appreciate a match against an Irish gamer with a similar connection just to see if it's really my connection speed or just that I'm rubbish at Pro Evo 5. Cheers lads!

• Advertisement

I'm on Eircom's 3Mb service, I've not played PES5 online in a few of months at this stage but I may fire it up in the next few days, just to get some Versus playing going again. Could be any time really so I couldn't tell you.
    As for playing people with good connections, make sure they have the three green bars beside their name before challenging them, I've played some people (mainly UK based) that the game plays extremely smoothly and without problems. The online experience will never be the same as the offline one though, well not on the current generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Paddy Irishman

The funny thing is back in Feb/March I got a letter out of the blue from Eircom to say my download speed was being increased from 2mb to 3mb, I thought this is great but then around May it all of a sudden went back down to 2mb and has been that way ever since. The lag obviously wasn't as bad with 3mb download but it still didn't seem quick enough. On the point of the connection speed arrows, I only ever played against players with three full green arrows.

Advertisement