Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed urgently..

Options
  • 25-03-2006 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭

A mates father asked me to take a look at his website to find out why orders aren't coming through to him, this is the site www.thelookoftheirish.com.

Note - I didn't have any part designing this site.

If you go here http://www.thelookoftheirish.com/orders.htm and click the Molly Malone picture on the bottom your brought to the ordering page, fill in the details, click submit but nowt happens and an undefined message appears.

From my limited knowledge in web design I suspect the cowboy who created this site hasn't put the server side "form mail" script in place.

Can anyone confirm this and is this hard to remedy?

Cheers in advance for any help...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

pay peanuts get monkeys! that is one awful site.

anyway, I use a similar script on my site, based on one found at kirupa.com i think, or possibly actionscript.org, why did they choose flash for the order form on a non flash site!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

I input my details and it worked fine. it said "thank you we are processing your order and you will be contacted in 48 hours with payment details"

I'm using FireFox 1.5.0.1 on Windows XP

i get that too, but there is a 'undefined' error. did you look at the php (or whatever) script, have you specified an email address for the recipient?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

heggie wrote:
    i get that too, but there is a 'undefined' error. did you look at the php (or whatever) script, have you specified an email address for the recipient?

I didn't design it, I had nothing to do with it....

I assume I need to "tell" the submit button to execute the neccesary script.
    How in the name of Satan do I do that... I have Flash Professional 8 btw...

theres another error that looks familiar to me, the way 'transfering data...' never stops when you click submit, so i'm guessing its the same script i've used. if the flash component is installed propery, then its all down to the php file in the same directory as the flash file itself. pretty sure its the one on kirupa.com

• Advertisement

this is the content of the .php file i found on the web folder...
    For some reason I can't upload the file. I know this is a lot of text, apologies.

Edit - I removed the php nonsense.

Anyone think they could fix this quickly cos I dont have a clue.
    You will be paid of course.

Bump.... Anyone Interested in fixing this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

First of all I would get that form out and redesign a normal html one without the fancy flash staff. Not as popular as it used to be. you can achive similar design layout with css so why bother.
    Also the form doesn't check you fields for empty values which is bad design.

louie wrote:
    First of all I would get that form out and redesign a normal html one without the fancy flash staff. Not as popular as it used to be. you can achive similar design layout with css so why bother.
    Also the form doesn't check you fields for empty values which is bad design.

I dont know man, I didn't design the site.

Anyone interested in fixing this, you will be paid....

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Cr8or

i will take a look for you .. no payment needed send me a pm with your email

• Advertisement
Advertisement