Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10-packs to be banned

Options
  • 25-03-2006 1:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Hmm, sounds like a mad plan that! I agree with you, it's unlikely to affect people who start smoking.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

They've been talking about this for years

The odd time I buy a 10 pack I always feel ripped off,I remember when 10's used to be exactly half the price of 20.

Unless I really gasping for one I usually go to another shop.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I'm waiting til 50-packs are brought in. Only need to go to the shop twice a week!

To be fair, I can't remember the last time I saw an adult smoking a ten pack. It usually is kids imo. Apart from us and the UK, where can you buy 10 packs? I think it's a good idea. (But then again I mod this board so I have to look impartial now and again :))

byte

Apart from us and the UK though, most other Euro countries charge a fair bit less for cigs. Well, some countries.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

more tinkering by the government. Waste of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Papa Smut wrote:
    To be fair, I can't remember the last time I saw an adult smoking a ten pack.
    My brother buys 10's ... I think it's a whole thing about not being able to smoke what you don't have.
    Forcing yourself to ration them out.
    I'm sure I could get by on 10 a day if I had to, or forced myself to.
    I'd say half the ciggies I smoke are out of boredom or pure habbit rather than to satisfy any real addiction.
    When I'm staying at a non-smokers house, where I have to go outside to smoke, I'd almost get a whole two days out of a 20 box.
    I think it's a good way of cutting down and staying there.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

College is terrible for that. All the free hours hanging around the Arts block (bum...I know) we generally just smoked and drank coffee.

One of the guys said "Smoking isn't addictive, it's contagious." In a college environment thats very true.

Personally I think buying ten boxes is just kidding myself as I inevitably have to go and buy more before the day is out. (Again this is only in college, as I tend not to smoke too much when I'm home)

You can get massive ciggie boxes in Australia. 40's and 50's.

byte

You can get massive ciggie boxes in Australia. 40's and 50's.
    Really? I like the idea of bumper packs! :) Would be handy for the weekends.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

byte wrote:
    Really? I like the idea of bumper packs! :) Would be handy for the weekends.

Yup, can't remember how high up the numbers go (been a while) but they have some pretty big packs.

Marlborough's are also usually sold in packs of 25 too.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

in belgium a few years ago i remember buying 30 packs for around €4:50

i also remember buying a 19 pack in germany

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Advertisement