Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Wanted] Shared Double Room within 3-4 Miles of City Centre To Suit A Couple

Options
  • 25-03-2006 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,988 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Ho All,

Myself and the Missus are looking to move back into town after a spell out in Balbriggan. We were going to rent an apartment in town somewhere up to €900 per month, but after some serious talks we've decided to buckle down and try and save as much as possible for the coming year.
    Ideally we are looking for a Double Room somewhere within 3-4 miles of the city centre. The closer to town the better really. We would be willing to pay up to €500 per month, though the less the better as we want to try and save for a deposit for our own place. We can provide good referances!

I've been looking around Daft and the papers and trying to find a Double Room at a reasonable rate for a couple is fairly tough, most people either only want to rent to other women, or simply don't want to rent to couples.

We are both quiet people, we like to stay in and watch movies or listen to music. If we do go out it's generally to the cinema or for something to eat, we're not big boozers so don't worry about us falling in the door paralytic! We also like to cook and bake, so imagine your place with fantasmical home cooked dinners and buns and breads if you wanted any- we're generous!!!
    I've been in the same job for the last four years and it's essentially a job for life. If I want it, I'll always have it. She used to work in the same place, but moved into retail 2 months back with a new job, so a regular income is not a problem.

To sum it up:

1- We're looking for somewhere within 3-4 miles of the city centre, though closer is best.
    2- We're looking for a Double Room for a couple and can pay up to €500 a month, though less is better.
    3- We're both quiet people that like to stay in, cook and bake (free food for you!!!). We don't drink much at all, and we are both non-smokers.
    4- We both have decent regular jobs and can supply good referances.
    5- We're actually both nice people, with nice friends. I'm generous, she's mildly so!!! We're helpful, considerate........... I'll stop now. Basically I like to think we're decent regular people.
    6- I forgot to add that our lease in Balbriggan is up on the 21st of April, so we'll be moving before then.
    7- Oh and we're not as boring as I make us sound. I'm just not particuarly good at conveying my dynamic personality in text!!!

I think that's about it. I hope I've covered everything you could want to know. If not just post away and I'll try to answer. I'd appreciate if anyone could help us with information, as to a place they might be renting, or somewhere they know of etc. It seems hard to find a Double Room for a couple at a reasonable price at the moment.

Regards,
    Liam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,988 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Anyone??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

I think you may have an unrealistic expectation. :(

Not many people want to either move in with a couple or have a couple move in with them.

The money you are quoting sounds low to me for sharing or living on your own.

Don't mena to shatter your dreams. Try www.daft.ie if you haven't already, it is your best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭plenderj

What ages and what jobs?

I don't believe I have an unrealistic expectation. I have found several places on daft that would cater to our needs- I've just missed them each time! :mad:
    Obviously I want to keep the amount as low as possible, but I have been paying €900 per month for the last year, so it's not set in stone, we can be more flexible.

Plenderj - PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

http://www3.myhome2let.ie/index.asp? and let.ie also do sharings but Im in a similar boat myself for the last while and it aint looking any better. Good Luck with the hunt

• Advertisement

Thanks gerire!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

eo980 wrote:
    I don't believe I have an unrealistic expectation. I have found several places on daft that would cater to our needs- I've just missed them each time! :mad:
    Obviously I want to keep the amount as low as possible, but I have been paying €900 per month for the last year, so it's not set in stone, we can be more flexible.

Plenderj - PM sent.

I meant no offense it just sounds like a big wish list for little money. As I said not many people will live with a couple. What you were paying in Balbriggan is of little difference to living in the city or close to it rent is simply more expensive the closer to the city in the majority of cases.
    Good luck finding a place

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement