Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mac the knife

Options
  • 25-03-2006 1:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

Ok im 20 but ive just heard" mac the knife" by Bobby Darrin and I LOVE IT- my bf is 24 and thinks its a bad song- but its GREAT

Any one else around my age think this is a fabulous song?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Its wonderful. Why wouldn't people our age think its classy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭pepper

Its wonderful. Why wouldn't people our age think its classy?

yes newcastle are rubbish(as a liverpool fan - lol) but all my mates think its an old song- but i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

They'd be right. It is old.

But it is deadly, as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I don't really like that version. The song is meant to be nasty, Mack the Knife is a thug. The original by Brecht and Weill is all about murder and rape. It's from The Three Penny Opera. Those English versions take everything that was powerful in the lyrics and ruin it. The best English version I've heard is The Birthday Party's version.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,579 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

John2 wrote:
    I don't really like that version. The song is meant to be nasty, Mack the Knife is a thug. The original by Brecht and Weill is all about murder and rape. It's from The Three Penny Opera. Those English versions take everything that was powerful in the lyrics and ruin it. The best English version I've heard is The Birthday Party's version.

no way man, the Vinnie Jones version is by far the best :p:p:p

• Advertisement
Advertisement