Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DSL transfer - is this right?

• 25-03-2006 10:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭

I'm just mildly curious here, because everything's working as it should be, but I've just moved from UTV to BT, and both accounts are active on my line. I can log in with both usernames/passwords - not simultaneously, of course.

I thought that my phone line was exclusively assigned to UTV for DSL services, and would now be exclusively assigned to BT - isn't that what the DTAF is for? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

user name and password does not matter at all.. its all eircoms product so their default one should work fine (eircomnet - broadband1)
    etc...

Its your line that makes a difference...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

tomk wrote:
    I'm just mildly curious here, because everything's working as it should be, but I've just moved from UTV to BT, and both accounts are active on my line. I can log in with both usernames/passwords - not simultaneously, of course.

I thought that my phone line was exclusively assigned to UTV for DSL services, and would now be exclusively assigned to BT - isn't that what the DTAF is for? :confused:
    My UTV username/password worked for about 2 weeks after I went live with BT. Your line isn't exclusively assigned to anyone, ie. you could have BB with UTV and calls with Eircom.
    The DTAF only authorises the transfer of your BB account from UTV to BT.

Advertisement