Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web Design Course recommendations.

Options
  • 25-03-2006 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum.

Does anyone have any recomendations re a good web design course. It would have to be an evening or distance course and I would like to have a recognised qualification at the end of it. I have a reasonable basic knowledge of HTML CSS and Flash but would like to come up to speed. I live in the Dublin area but would be willing to travel to surrounding counties if necessary.

I have been looking around myself and found this one that appears to fit my requirements. Has anyone here any comments on this course or recommendations for other courses.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

I think that's a bit too much for a course that will only teach you the basic of a web design - HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Dreamweaver, Flash (? i don't know how popular this is anymore).

What you need is a course tha will teach the dynamic aspects of webdesign like asp, php asp.net with the power of using a database and so on.

That's just my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

louie wrote:
    I think that's a bit too much for a course that will only teach you the basic of a web design - HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Dreamweaver, Flash (? i don't know how popular this is anymore).

What you need is a course tha will teach the dynamic aspects of webdesign like asp, php asp.net with the power of using a database and so on.

That's just my opinion.

I would have to agree with this! You can learn the other stuff from your home! Employers are looking for people who can do the above and alot more

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭ButtermilkJack

Generally agree with the 'overpriced' aspect. However, asp, php etc is more of a 'web-developer' course than a 'web-designer' course so you need to ask yourself exactly what you are looking to gain from the course.

If you are only interested in designing websites, and not developing them, then I would suggest buying books on xhtml, css etc and teaching yourself these basic skills, as these are essential for anyone to understand (designer or developer) when approaching any web-based project.

Here's another option. It doesn't seem to give a price but you can contact them to get more info!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Just buy a book! Not being smart but there are some fantastic books out there for every topic imaginable that will take you from zero to...well I wont say hero but you get my point.

Advertisement