Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestion for at the bottom of threads, to go up one forum level

Options
  • 25-03-2006 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

This is just something that has been anoying me for sometime now.

Your browsing a thread, a really long one, you reply and your post is shown at the bottom of te page to you. Now you want to go back to the main forum and have to scroll back to the top of the page to do so.
    Is it not possible to have this:
    gobackbit2qm.jpg
    At the bottom of the page?

It so much handier to go back to the forum you came from. If you have a look at the forum on unreal.ie you can see what i mean.

EDIT: i'm not sure if this the right place for something like this, mods please can you move to apropriate forum if this is the wrong one. I'm also not sure if the topic title is fitting but it was all i could think of
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Er, is the "Forum jump" button not good enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Which now?

The Next/Previuos Thread links? What if i dont want to read the next/previous thread but want to get back to the forum? I have to scroll back upt top, surelly something like at the top (the pic i posted) isnt to hard to put down at the bottom as well?

Have a look here at the bottom of the page and you will see what i mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Press the home button on your keyboard to go to the top of a page. Either that, or grab the slider bar and drag it to the top. Beats scrolling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

jozi wrote:
    Which now?

Bottom right of the page, impossible to miss, there is a handy little "Forum Jump" thingy, and all you have to do, is press the button that says Go and it will take you straight to the forum the thread is on, or "One level up" as you put it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I see it now, never scrolled down that far.

Case closed. That works just like a link would

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

haxorzerz

Advertisement