Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cash question

Options
  • 25-03-2006 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭

can i take cash that i've received as payment and use it to buy stock etc or do i have to lodge it to the bank first and then write a cheque or make a withdrawal etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Marathon_Man

Why don't you ask whoever you want to buy the stock off if they accept cash!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

thetourist wrote:
    i have to lodge it to the bank first and then write a cheque or make a withdrawal etc.

This is what you should do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

I'm not sure if it it some legal requirement, but every type of office business I've worked for lodges everything to its bank acount individually, eg
    500 cash for item x
    250 cheque for item y
    even to the level of
    15 for item z

all as individual lodgements, via individual pages of the lodgement book
    they all had arangements with the bank that lodgements wern't charged per lodgement but rather per euro

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭thetourist

it came up because i had just taken in a lot of cash after a day's work and in the evening i was getting someone to buy something for me next day and it would have been a lot easier if i could have just given them the cash from the takings rather than getting them to lodge the money and then taking it right back out again - but if that's the way everyone does it then what the heck
    thanks everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

newsagents can't be lodging EUR 0.68 x 50 for mars bars they sold in the day... hmmm, you should check it out with you accountant (if you have one)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭thetourist

vector wrote:
    newsagents can't be lodging EUR 0.68 x 50 for mars bars they sold in the day... hmmm, you should check it out with you accountant (if you have one)

no - im sure a newsagent would just put the day's takings into bags etc and lodge the lot at the end of the day or week !

my question is to do with whether or not they can pay for things out of the till ! Are they legally entitled to take money out of the till to pay for something - or should they be keeping a petty cash box instead of using cash that's in the till which hasnt been lodged and withdrawn from the bank.

Advertisement