Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

blocking a texter ?

• 25-03-2006 4:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭

i've this guy texting me all the time, does my head in.. can i block his number as ignoring isn't working :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

you can use software on certain phones to block phone calls, but as far as I know you cant block text messages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭roger 2006 yeah

:(.. ok cheers Ruu. it's so annoying, some ppl you ignore them and they go away, this guy just does my head in. ah well i'll keep ignoring :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭N90user

What phone do you have? The Sharp 902 has a feature that u can restrict up to 10 numbers :) Its handy for getting rid of the feckers :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

Call VF or O2 who ever your with and report his number as a nuiscence ( did I spell that right ) number. If its that bad he can be done for it !!!!!

@N90user - wow that's handy. :)

@Dellas - yeah if he keeps up i'll do that, thanks :)

/nuisance ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

:(.. ok cheers Ruu. it's so annoying, some ppl you ignore them and they go away, this guy just does my head in. ah well i'll keep ignoring :)

Did you try ringing him up and telling him to bugger off? That or the airhorn (or something equally loud) in the earpiece will do the trick.

"If you dont stop texting me, it'll get louder each time, bye bye now"

ha ha ha, deadly :D

Give us his number and we will annoy him :D

great idea, but that's bold :D lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

The Sharp 902 has a feature that u can restrict up to 10 numbers
    Give us his number and we will annoy him

so all you need is a few Sharp 902 guys to 'Bombard' him untill he stops .... bet you it will work .... :p

• Advertisement

Sure will ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Are the text of a business or personal nature?

You could always create a silent profile for the calloer so the phone never rings or beeps when there is an incoming call or SMS. If they are bothering you report it but you will have to ask the person to stop before doing this.

Advertisement