Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FCUK shop on William Street

Options
  • 25-03-2006 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭

Is no-one else outraged, absolutely outraged by this???

If good/fashionable shops start going on William Street where will the scumbags congregate? Where will the pound shops be able to open? Who will litter and intimidate on William street now? This is a sad day for Limerick if William street starts getting getting good stores.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

I sense a bit of sarcasm in your post but what exactly is the point you are trying to get across

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Just that one of the most rundown shopping streets has finally attracted a good brand shop, it's almost surprising. Hopefully a few other shops will follow their lead and improve William street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

FCUK opening! wow thats the best news I've heard in ages!!

William street will be all the better for it!!

*Post may contain traces of sarcasm*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭Sunn

bet its shop windows will be broken by next week..

"aahh sham look at that.. its says FCUK.. whaaaaaaaaaa.. fcuk you mossy..daaaaayyyyyyycenttttttttttttttttttttt khed "

you know how it goes.

Hopefully Sunn, hopefully. We can't just allow the scumbags and knackers that meet outside Centra and the Golden Grill (does that still have the best chips in Limerick btw?) to be forced off William street, next thing you know there'll be no-one graffitting "Spudz luvs Tanya" on the buses. Is nothing sacred?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Oh right well i think it would just be much better if they just cleaned it up a bit
    just seems to dull to me for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

nice to see a good shop going in on william street,hopefully this is a sign of things to come, anyone have a pic of the place?

Apparently it's where Finns used to be, not sure if it's open yet though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Inge Binge

don't you worry all about our beloved scumbags! as long as we have the 3-star-golden grill and the famous Enzo's we wont run out of them :) and see, guinees is the place to shop!

IB

Sure like it's great that like some proper shops are opening up in william st, cause like when they do there'll be no scumbags left and only respectible people like ourselves will shop in william st and like thats great cause we know how to behave and all.

Also they should put in some gourmet restraunts, chips shops are so like working class it makes me sick.

Really what we should do is put all the "lower income" familys in like some sort of camp and have like big walls and a huge fence around it so they couldn't bother the hard working folks like ourselves.

Isn't it great to be middle class?

• Advertisement

kyp_durron wrote:
    Sure like it's great that like some proper shops are opening up in william st, cause like when they do there'll be no scumbags left and only respectible people like ourselves will shop in william st and like thats great cause we know how to behave and all.

Also they should put in some gourmet restraunts, chips shops are so like working class it makes me sick.

Really what we should do is put all the "lower income" familys in like some sort of camp and have like big walls and a huge fence around it so they couldn't bother the hard working folks like ourselves.

Isn't it great to be middle class?

You're taking offence at what exactly? I'm just joking, we've had threads here complaining that William street is a dirty street with no good shops on it, I'm just commenting that a reasonably fashionable shop has opened there, upper, middle, working class has nothing to do with scumbags. Scumbags are scumbags where-ever they're from.

Now are you somehow suggesting that people below the "middle-class" are scumbags? You've equated working class (if that term still exists) with "scumbags", not something I believe but I'd like to hear why you think working class people are scumbags?

Infact, nowhere except in you're post has anyone said scumbags were the same as poor people, please explain where you drew this inference from?

Infact, nowhere except in you're post has anyone said scumbags were the same as poor people, please explain where you drew this inference from?

It was sarcasm and as such didn't reflect my real views.

Do you really belive it's a sad day for Limerick if William street starts getting getting good stores, like you said in your opening post?

You were using sarcasm to highlight what you perceived as "elitism" in my post, you certainly do draw the inference working class people are scumbags, however weakly you try and deny it now. You're entitled to your views but I'm glad not many people share them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

I'm so lost!!!
    Guess what, to make the brand more professional they have 100% gotten rid of the UK!
    Its now just French Connection!!! Maybe its the new Irish only version!! :(

What views do I have and how do you know?

It's a common misconception working class people are scumbags, I've lived in a council estate all my life and have been on the receiving end of such crap, I hear it all the time. I got that vibe from your posts, obviously I was wrong. But don't go putting words in my mouth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Lululady

it would be nice if there was a cool shop to go there on William st

Don't be subscribing me to your "common miconception" that working class people are scumbags, I don't think I've ever seen anyone on this board say that, or anything like that.

Infact, if anything, there's been robust arguments on this board that the majority of people in most "working class areas" are decent people who suffer becuase of the actions of a very small minority.

Confession time! I admit: I'm guily! I love shopping in the 2-EURO-shop and in Guineys! I just love thos trashy shops. You get sth very cheap and very useless (i already have now 3 universal remote controls for just 2 Euros each). If you are shopping addicted those shops help you a lot to feed your addiction! :D

IB

Don't be subscribing me to your "common miconception" that working class people are scumbags, I don't think I've ever seen anyone on this board say that, or anything like that.

Infact, if anything, there's been robust arguments on this board that the majority of people in most "working class areas" are decent people who suffer becuase of the actions of a very small minority.

I didn't mean on this board I just meant in genral. Like I said I was obviously wrong, I took it up the wrong way and will put more thought into my posts from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Inge Binge wrote:
    Confession time! I admit: I'm guily! I love shopping in the 2-EURO-shop and in Guineys! I just love thos trashy shops. You get sth very cheap and very useless (i already have now 3 universal remote controls for just 2 Euros each). If you are shopping addicted those shops help you a lot to feed your addiction! :D

IB

I thought the purpose of a Universal remote control was to only have one of them.

• Advertisement

gadgets, gadgets, gadgets!!! LOL
    not one for three - three for one! :D
    IB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

Must admit I liked a stroll through Mary's in the old days but Guineys is ok too ... :)

About this security wall .... :rolleyes: is it going to be a high one? .... like 8 mtrs? ... :confused:

It could transform Roadstone! :p

34_Qalqilyiah_Wall.sized.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭gaf1983

Hopefully Sunn, hopefully. We can't just allow the scumbags and knackers that meet outside Centra and the Golden Grill (does that still have the best chips in Limerick btw?) to be forced off William street, next thing you know there'll be no-one graffitting "Spudz luvs Tanya" on the buses. Is nothing sacred?

i conducted a survey on bebo about that very question and here are the results:

a) Enzo's Café 3%
    b) Superdine 28%
    c) The Golden Grill 12%
    d) The Lobster Pot 12%
    e) Luigi's 43%

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

fcuk all (haha) wrong with enzos. while you might get the skanks hanging around outside, you should have no problem inside where you sit down to eat.

Golden grill was alway a kip, and always will be. oconnell grill is nicer anyway.

all you need to do to clean up william street is have all city centre buses stop outside henry street garda station.

well if you cant get mohomid to the mountain you might as well bring the mountain to mohomid, or something like that

Advertisement