Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I stopped watching the Chelsea game . . [scores included/mentioned]

• 25-03-2006 4:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭

Chelsea -v- Man City

Well 30min in and I decided enough is enough. I cant watch anymore of that
    game.

Im not entertained by the diving from Drogba or Cole, nor do I like the over
    exhageration on the fouls against them. Im not picking on those two or
    Chelsea in particular. It just so happened that this game was enough to make
    be wanna stop watching it.

The diving added to the hand ball by Drogba in the box which he then scored
    from just made me sick. I dont belive that there are such things as bribes in the
    premiership but what was that assistant referee looking at? It was a handball
    clearly when I was watching it live and the replays prooved it. The referee
    even looked as though he was looking at the handball directly.

I wonder if they bring in in the 5 assistant (video replay) should it be
    consulted when there are issues concerning how legitamitly goals where
    scored.

Another thing. In rugby I always thought that they never crowded the
    referee when there was decisions they didnt like because they were too
    tired and had to get into position. But its because if they do, they instantly
    get carded? Is this true?

/rant

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Give the eircom league a go, thats part of the reason I stopped watching english football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

Agreed, the reasons i stopped supporting an english club.
    1. couldn't go to games
    2. felt the english game was full of diving and cheating
    3. felt the players were just there to line their pockets
    4. felt he english game was ruled by the almighty pound
    5. couldn't relate to the team anymore

there could be a few more but you get the idea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

bohsman wrote:
    Give the eircom league a go, thats part of the reason I stopped watching english football

Its weird that you mentioned that. Been watching more irish soccer.

I seen bohs, last night?, Playing cork? I actually enjoyed it. I was up so late last
    night I kinda forgot when I seen it.

Another thing. In rugby I always thought that they never crowded the
    referee when there was decisions they didnt like because they were too
    tired and had to get into position. But its because if they do, they instantly
    get carded? Is this true?

i think it is true

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,753 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

It comes down to discipline for the most part. In rugby, the players actually respect the referee, who is just as important to the game as the players. If a bad decision is made, or if something needs to be said to the referee, the channel they use is the captain, which is they way it is supposed to be in soccer as well. Soccer has a lot of overacting in it, and the fans seem to appreciate it when the players make a fuss.

Right, I'd better stop there, I feel a rant coming on, and I'm supposed to be studying. Suffice it to say that money is a major contributor to the lack of discipline in the ranks of the bigger European footballing clubs of which, apparently, Chelsea and Man Utd are two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Its weird that you mentioned that. Been watching more irish soccer.

I seen bohs, last night?, Playing cork? I actually enjoyed it. I was up so late last
    night I kinda forgot when I seen it.

Yea we lost 1 0 last night but played well. It should be a great season with no 1 team looking better than the rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

wish I could have stopped watching it but I was there so I couldn't, poor game in all respects except for the 3 points. City seemed to have no intention of trying to win the game from the outset, they defended with everything bar Vassel running around to no avail. I didn't see whether Drogba handled the ball for the second goal but it would hardly have made a whole lot of difference. I was very dissappointed with Chelsea's attitude in the second half, with an extra man they should have demolished City but the subs were defensive ( except SWP) and Chelsea were content to pass the ball around midfield, to many yawns from the stands and boos towards the end.

Fair play to Mills for protesting against Cole's booking, must be the 1st time ever any ex-Leeds player got applauded off at the Bridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Mills in decency shocker! John Giles on RTE (who were covering the game live) gave him full kudos and he can't stand Mills! :D

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,899 ✭✭✭SteM

growler wrote:
    wish I could have stopped watching it but I was there so I couldn't, poor game in all respects except for the 3 points. City seemed to have no intention of trying to win the game from the outset, they defended with everything bar Vassel running around to no avail. I didn't see whether Drogba handled the ball for the second goal but it would hardly have made a whole lot of difference. I was very dissappointed with Chelsea's attitude in the second half, with an extra man they should have demolished City but the subs were defensive ( except SWP) and Chelsea were content to pass the ball around midfield, to many yawns from the stands and boos towards the end.

Fair play to Mills for protesting against Cole's booking, must be the 1st time ever any ex-Leeds player got applauded off at the Bridge.

It was a handball alright, very clear and even the commentator on RTE said it straight away. At half time 1-0 is a totally different score to 2-0, plus Distan may not have been sent off if the handball had been given. Who know what difference it would have made?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

an anti-chelsea rant, wow. THis must be a first.

Its such a shame chelsea are allowed in the premiership, they should be thrown out. Cos its quite obvious that they are the only team in the premiership who have players that dive and cheat. Its such a shame chelsea players dont model themselves on on the likes on ronaldo for united, pires for arsenall, or gerrard for liverpool. Theres more chance of hell freezing over then finding any these players diving or cheating.

Did the infamous premiership sniper not make an appearance at the Cork city shels match in the setanta cup match last season? Could of sworn George O'callagn the one taken out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

I thought like the Shels vs Linfield match on Monday, the referee spoiled the game with poor decisions and destoyed the spectacle.

Chelsea deserved to win an did.

Too much on soccer on TV is the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

Too much on soccer on TV is the problem

theres no such thing as too much "soccer" on tv. thats crazy talk. go watch golf or something

not enough irish soccer on irish tv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

an anti-chelsea rant, wow. THis must be a first.

Its such a shame chelsea are allowed in the premiership, they should be thrown out. Cos its quite obvious that they are the only team in the premiership who have players that dive and cheat. Its such a shame chelsea players dont model themselves on on the likes on ronaldo for united, pires for arsenall, or gerrard for liverpool. Theres more chance of hell freezing over then finding any these players diving or cheating.

No need for that now. No one is picking on chelsea players or the club for
    diving yet you come out and start picking on other clubs players.

i don't get it there a liverpool fan i think, as they will well know every team gets a bashing here once in awhile and its just chelseas turn, at the moment they are the cheats of football, look at drogba he stated cheatings ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

No need for that now. No one is picking on chelsea players or the club for
    diving yet you come out and start picking on other clubs players.

In all fairness, Chucky has a point. Do you think Jose Mourinho is the only manager who encourages his players to dive? Have a read of Jaap Stam's book if you think so.

Chelsea are an easy target for the media. People don't like them because they're successful and that's why events like this are blown out of all proportion.

Like I said, Robbie Keane handled the ball before scoring against Sunderland earlier in the season and you didn't hear such furore over that. Why? Because it wasn't Chelski.

well seeing as robie admited it but didn't advocate cheating in his statment, and has done it 3 matches in a row and does drop dead every robust tackle gets him off the hook

Drogba admitted to it. What Robbie chose to call "luck" is actually cheating. Drogba just came out and said it. We could all put a nice spin on it for the media. He chose not to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i cant remember what pederson called it when he used his hand to control the ball before scoring. against newcastle was it?

hey lemlin, what did pederson call it when he cheated?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Yeah, get off Drogba's back. Everyone else does it, so that makes it ok. And somehow, it's even more ok that he practically gloats about it afterwards.

A ban? He should be awarded Player Of The Month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Sadly its called professionalism.

kdjac

i cant remember what pederson called it when he used his hand to control the ball before scoring. against newcastle was it?

Don't know what he called it but I was happy he did it. Blackburn got three points. Just like I'm sure you were happy when Robbie handled against Sunderland and Spurs got three points.

Swings and roundabouts I believe you called something like it.

And he didn't use his hand to control the ball before scoring, he actually punched it into the net. Again, you've proven my point. Did you hear such uproar over that? No, because it wasn't Chelsea.

Chelsea are league leaders, are the highest profile team in the league, so naturally they attract more attention, both from the media and from fans. Like it or not, when a Chelsea/Man Utd/Arsenal/Liverpool player does something controversial, it's a bigger talking point than when a player from a team down the table does so. Doubly so for Chelsea, as there is a lot of ill-will towards them, much of it brought on by themselves.

Undoubtedly there is a significant element of leaping on any opportunity to attack Chelsea, but it's also down to them just attracting more attention in general than other clubs.

Chelsea are league leaders, are the highest profile team in the league, so naturally they attract more attention, both from the media and from fans. Like it or not, when a Chelsea/Man Utd/Arsenal/Liverpool player does something controversial, it's a bigger talking point than when a player from a team down the table does so. Doubly so for Chelsea, as there is a lot of ill-will towards them, much of it brought on by themselves.

Undoubtedly there is a significant element of leaping on any opportunity to attack Chelsea, but it's also down to them just attracting more attention in general than other clubs.

Last season Louis Saha punched the ball to Alan Smith who scored a 94th minute equaliser for Man United against Blackburn. I didn't hear as much uproar about that.

Jaap Stam came out and admitted in his book that SAF encouraged the United players to dive in Europe. I didn't hear as much uproar about that either.

I'm sure I could come up with plenty of Arsenal and Liverpool examples also if I put my mind to it. The bottom line is that all this crap about Drogba and Chelsea is just dragged up by the media to keep things interesting and highlight anything Chelsea do. All teams use a certain amount of cheating. Its sad but its part of the game.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,753 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I agree completely with that. It doesn't come down to Chelsea being the perpetrators of some heinous felony, they are about as guilty as any other Premiership team. The issues are conveniently highlighted by way of analogy to Chelsea that footballers dive and act up the whole time. It seems to me that soccer is in need of a major overhaul in terms of discipline.

Even if they aren't going to use video evidence during a game, they should at least use it to discipline players in follow-up actions. There should be very heavy penalties for dissent, and I mean very heavy penalties. If you compare the level of dissent in soccer to that in rugby, you'll see the benefits of such an action.

Lemlin wrote:
    Last season Louis Saha punched the ball to Alan Smith who scored a 94th minute equaliser for Man United against Blackburn. I didn't hear as much uproar about that.

Jaap Stam came out and admitted in his book that SAF encouraged the United players to dive in Europe. I didn't hear as much uproar about that either.

I'm sure I could come up with plenty of Arsenal and Liverpool examples also if I put my mind to it. The bottom line is that all this crap about Drogba and Chelsea is just dragged up by the media to keep things interesting and highlight anything Chelsea do. All teams use a certain amount of cheating. Its sad but its part of the game.
    the fact drogba has used his hand twice in 3 games makes it notable.
    the fact that drogba takes to ground at any given chance adds weight to the cheater claim
    the fact he came out and condoned cheating is beyond unreal

i'm not bashing chelsea i couldn't give a monkeys about them i'm commenting on the football i see, i happen to see more chelsea games as they are televised more, i don't like to see such blatent cheating in the sport i love. i single out drogba because EVERY match i've seen with him in it hes done somethin contraversial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Lemlin wrote:
    Don't know what he called it but I was happy he did it. Blackburn got three points. Just like I'm sure you were happy when Robbie handled against Sunderland and Spurs got three points.

Swings and roundabouts I believe you called something like it.

And he didn't use his hand to control the ball before scoring, he actually punched it into the net. Again, you've proven my point. Did you hear such uproar over that? No, because it wasn't Chelsea.

proven what point?
    let me guess, some media related crap?

proven what point?
    let me guess, some media related crap?

Nope, the media was on a different thread. Re-open that one if you wish or pm me if it pleases you. Otherwise, I suggest you leave it alone.

What I'm saying here is that Chelsea are no more guilty of wrong doing than Blackburn, Spurs, Man United or any other team in the league. Its just highlighted more because people resent the money they have and how they bought the Premiership. Plenty of teams have had players who have handled the ball, had offside goals allowed or dived.

• Advertisement

Chelsea are not the only team to be villified. Anyone remember Pires' dive (against Portsmouth?) a season or two ago, which caused a huge outrage. Or here's another one, Keane admitting to trying to injure Haaland in his book. I can think of plenty more too!

Chelsea are no more guilty than Blackburn, Spurs, Man Utd or any other team - or at least not greatly so. However, they're not the only team to be villified and attacked over it either. Sure, the spotlight might be on them more than others, but being such a high-profile club which goes out of its way to get people's backs up, well, it comes with the territory.

its their reaction to anything that goes against them, or rather josés reactions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭futuredeath

Lemlin wrote:
    Drogba admitted to it. What Robbie chose to call "luck" is actually cheating. Drogba just came out and said it. We could all put a nice spin on it for the media. He chose not to.

thats a bit biased - seen as if i remember correctly (which i do) the ball rebounded and hit keane without him making an active decision to handball.
    Lemlin there is no point going against the grain just for the sake of it.

how many times has keane done it? and it looked like an accident imo! but diddy said he ment it that cheating is ok.

thats a bit biased - seen as if i remember correctly (which i do) the ball rebounded and hit keane without him making an active decision to handball.
    Lemlin there is no point going against the grain just for the sake of it.

That was the Blackburn game. In the Sunderland one, he directly handled. I'm not going against the grain for the sake of it. I'm pointing out that IMO Chelsea are vilified by people in general because the attitude of Mourinho is not liked and people resent the money they have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Yeh, of course they are, just like Ferdinand recieved a 9 month ban for missing a drug test, higher than nearly every other ban in football related to drug tests, but it goes with life at the top.
    Just as the ban for Ferdinand was deserved, so is this villification for Chelsea, and if anything, its what Mourinho desires, its how he keeps his team going. But the seige mentality only goes so far, and at the end of the 2nd season of it, the negatives are really come to afront, and its the price he pays for it.

• Advertisement

IMO the blame lies with the FA, UEFA and FIFA, not Chelsea or any other team. Until footballing authorities bring in bans etc. for diving or cheating it will continue. A player can be banned for improper conduct such as hitting someone after a game.

Why shouldn't Drogba be banned for a game or two for deliberately handballing? Or MGP be banned for punching the ball into the net? The list goes on and on and until the authorities stop allowing teams to have an advantage from cheating it will continue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

PHB wrote:
    Yeh, of course they are, just like Ferdinand recieved a 9 month ban for missing a drug test, higher than nearly every other ban in football related to drug tests, but it goes with life at the top.
    Just as the ban for Ferdinand was deserved, so is this villification for Chelsea, and if anything, its what Mourinho desires, its how he keeps his team going. But the seige mentality only goes so far, and at the end of the 2nd season of it, the negatives are really come to afront, and its the price he pays for it.

You can't argue with Ferdinands ban (not saying you are, just saying in general it can't be argued with). The ban for refusing or missing a test has to be higher than for failing the test, otherwise anyone on drugs would "miss" the test and get a shorter ban, plus can never be called a drug cheat as it was never proved.

Drogba on the otherhand condoned handling and diving.
    TBh neither the situation yesterday or the one against Fulham shoul dhave come about. When he handled it yesterday he was standing 5 yards away from any City defenders, which shouldnt happen if he's in the 6 yard box (or around it) with another player coming in on the overlap. Thats pure bad defending. There was 6 City defenders standing watching him.

Against Fulham, Zat Knight let him get in around him. What the keeper was at doesnt bear thinking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Wow I feel really out of touch, missed all of the weekend's action. Haven't seen Drogba's handball.
    When a team is on top, people try to knock them off their pedastol. It was the same for United, it's the same for Chelsea. Talking points seem more contraversial when it involves them. I forgot about Pederson's handball a few days after it happened, because everybody stopped talking about it.
    However, I think Mourinho loves the "World vs. Chelsea" thing. I think he uses it to fire up his players, he is always quick to point it out in interviews nowadays. He really soaks up the siege mentality.
    I think there should be retrospective bannings and 3 point reductions if the game was won by a handball.
    Lemlin wrote:
    IMO the blame lies with the FA, UEFA and FIFA, not Chelsea or any other team. Until footballing authorities bring in bans etc. for diving or cheating it will continue. A player can be banned for improper conduct such as hitting someone after a game.
    Agreed. The FA are so quick to bring action against a manager if he accuses a player of cheating. Stuart Pearce would have been in hot water if he called Drogba a cheat on saturday, which is ridiculous because he's only pointing out the obvious. Someone accuses you of cheating. Who gives a ****? The bigger problem is the cheating itself.

its not the money i resent its their antics on and off the feild.

1. drogba condoning cheating
    2. Jose's rants about other teams cheating
    3. their aggresive actions to refs (not just them)
    4. the accusations of jose which led to a ref retiring

these are reasons that chelsea are disliked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

I don't get why he's been deliberatly trying it. Is he trying to prove something? If so what? This is really annoying, but not as much as all the chelsea fans not giving a shi*. Typical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

he did say he thought it was cheating and then iirc he said he didnt think it was. Folks on motd put it down to his poor(ish) grasp on the english language.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭chiller

Lemlin wrote:
    Nope, the media was on a different thread. Re-open that one if you wish or pm me if it pleases you. Otherwise, I suggest you leave it alone.

What I'm saying here is that Chelsea are no more guilty of wrong doing than Blackburn, Spurs, Man United or any other team in the league. Its just highlighted more because people resent the money they have and how they bought the Premiership. Plenty of teams have had players who have handled the ball, had offside goals allowed or dived.

i totally agree with lemlin it is up to the officals to call it! the ref and the linesman missed drogba handling the ball so the goal was giving. I supported man utd and i am still able to admitt that the goal should stand because of poor decision making by the officials.If rooney saha or any man utd player handle the ball id be happy if the goal was giving and my team like any true supporter of any club! As lemlin already said its just a hatred for chelsea so journalists highlight it more to add more fuel to the fire so it wont go out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Yeah agree all the way with Lemlin myself. Its just your usual customary Monday morning Chelsea witch hunt. Oh those evil Chelsea, blah blah blah, my team would never do that, blah blah blah. We went through all this with United as well. People only complain about a handball goal when its not given in their favour.

Have to say though on a slightly different topic hats off to Danny Mills (christ that took a lot to say). I hate the man so much, he is a scumbag but he is a rough and ready hard player. Controversy of diving and players waving cards to refs these days it was great to see him try and stop the card from coming out for Joe Cole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

Did anyone see that clip of DeRossi admitting he scored with the hand on MOTD2?

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭dirkey_wynne

I have no issue with the Drogba handball. I think 90% of footballers would do it, in the goalscoring position like that. Defenders at times will try to foul forwards (look at Carvalho the other week, nearly taking jersey off his designated forward, incidentally that's just issue i can think of, not having a go at Chelsea before someone flips out, it's just an observation) and defenders will handball to stop the ball going into danger zones, if need be.

I do however have a problem with diving. I only saw the SWP against Newcastle episode at the weekend. That was a disgrace. And because it was a 2nd yellow, this can't be rescinded and the ban must stand. I think SWP should be banned, myself. It was disgraceful.

I think Chelsea fans give out that people give out about the diving, but realistically, Chelsea do it more often than most. I'm Utd fan, and I know we have our own who do it, and it bugs the fnck out of me. But I still don't think we do it half as often - Drogba is regularly down, Robben, Duff, Cole etc. And people can say it's only because they're top, but I don't think so. Mourinho has a history of it - his Porto team was the worst I've ever seen. I rmeember when Utd playing them, watching Deco go down near Fortune, when Fortune had blatantly not touched him. I remember Fortunes face, pure rage, and I was thinking to myself "Kick him. Kick him hard in the face." I don't care if that's OTT but that sh!t bugs me, and I'd have been delighted with Quinton had he done it and got himself sent off. Diving, cheating little sh!t deserved it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

I'm against all players that dive and handball on purpose. I realise that gone are the days when gentlemen and people with manners played this sport, but there is nothing worse than people constantly trying to gain an unfair advantage by breaking the rules. Drogba admitted that he did it on purpose, and to me, its the same as the Keane challenge on Haaland. It is bringing the game into disrepute, which is why the MOTD guys had to sort of brush over it as a "language misunderstanding".

I think the FA should come down harsh on all players that handball, foul, dive, etc, and get away with it. Use video evidence if need be to punish players post-match, and if there is repetition, dock the clubs points. Like fan racism, only when there are sanctions against players and teams will they stop doing it.

What was more galling about the Drogba incident that it killed the game as a contest and caused uproar in the Man City team enough to have players carded and sent-off. It was the biggest factor in the match, so to say hat all players/clubs are ok to adopt the same approach is ludicrous imo. Do we want sport a fair game or do we want the sport to degenerate into a rule are made to be broken environment? Is bribing officials ok? Throwing away games for bets? anything goes?

redspider

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

redspider wrote:
    I'm against all players that dive and handball on purpose. I realise that gone are the days when gentlemen and people with manners played this sport, but there is nothing worse than people constantly trying to gain an unfair advantage by breaking the rules. Drogba admitted that he did it on purpose, and to me, its the same as the Keane challenge on Haaland. It is bringing the game into disrepute, which is why the MOTD guys had to sort of brush over it as a "language misunderstanding".

I think the FA should come down harsh on all players that handball, foul, dive, etc, and get away with it. Use video evidence if need be to punish players post-match, and if there is repetition, dock the clubs points. Like fan racism, only when there are sanctions against players and teams will they stop doing it.

What was more galling about the Drogba incident that it killed the game as a contest and caused uproar in the Man City team enough to have players carded and sent-off. It was the biggest factor in the match, so to say hat all players/clubs are ok to adopt the same approach is ludicrous imo. Do we want sport a fair game or do we want the sport to degenerate into a rule are made to be broken environment? Is bribing officials ok? Throwing away games for bets? anything goes?

redspider

Thought the same when I heard what he said - whats different to the Keane admission. Even without that though there is no way the handball could be claimedto be accidental.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Jimboo_Jones

redspider wrote:
    Drogba admitted that he did it on purpose, and to me, its the same as the Keane challenge on Haaland.

Not even in the same ball park at all. One player is trying to get someone sent off for a match, the other is trying to cowardly snap someones leg in half.... like I said, not even in the same ball park.

I do agree that players who dive should be punished, and I would like to see three match banns for anyone who is found to have dived, but to say its on the same level as that violent act seems totaly inappropriate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

not even in the same ball park at all. One player is trying to get someone sent off for a match, the other is trying to snap someones leg.... like I said, not even in the same ball park
    The comparison is both admitted to delibrately breaking the rules of the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Jimboo_Jones

But the offence that they admit to breaking are totally different, and in my eyes at least, one of them is much worse than the other.

• Advertisement
Advertisement