Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I stopped watching the Chelsea game . . [scores included/mentioned]

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

TheMonster wrote:
    Show me proof of Spurs doing anything wrong - all you can show is
    1 What Benitez said
    2 What Cisses agent said

It looks like a duck, it walks like a duck, it quacks like a duck. But it's not a duck to you.

Go away and annoy someone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

Ardent wrote:
    It looks like a duck, it walks like a duck, it quacks like a duck. But it's not a duck to you.

Go away and annoy someone else.
    act like a child so - you won't admit the obvious!!

mods apologies for off -topic could you move this to a seperate thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

I have to say Ardent you haven't shown anybody anything here that we don't know already.

Spurs tried to sign him on loan that much we know and yet for some reason you've highlighted that as proof spurs want him. We all know this.

The fact is other than that Spurs have done or said nothing about it but Cisse's agent is trying to engineer a move for his client. Rafa comes out and says all that (and to me and everyone other than rose tinted liverpool fans) seems like he is trying to unsettle Defoe yet its Spurs fault!!!

Your logic is baffling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Hobart wrote:
    So he's guilty of having an outburst, and your hopping up and down because he is getting away with it. :rolleyes:

Up against the wall with him I say.

it was a observation, if you want to blow it out preportion becuase you didnt get it the first time, thats your problem.

roll your eyes all you want and add in some sarcasm to boot. go team hobart!

as to ardent, dude thats some great quoting, and yet all you have shown is that spurs were looking for a striker on loan in january.

and yet, you seem to think there is some conspiracy. so spurs have NOT been talking about cisse.
    liverpool have not been talking about defoe.

cisse's agent has been talking about spurs going to liverpool, and that spurs really want to buy him.

occam's razor. tbh.

it was a observation, if you want to blow it out preportion becuase you didnt get it the first time, thats your problem.

as to ardent, dude thats some great quoting, and yet all you have shown is that spurs were looking for a striker on loan in january.

and yet, you seem to think there is some conspiracy. so spurs have NOT been talking about cisse.
    liverpool have not been talking about defoe.

cisse's agent has been talking about spurs going to liverpool, and that spurs really want to buy him.

occam's razor. tbh.

brick wall comes to mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

I'm not blowing anything out of proportion tbh, you are. What exactly is your issue here? You claim that Rafa is getting away with something, and then you claim it was an outburst. Big fooking deal is my point (end of my observation).
    TheMonster wrote:
    brick wall comes to mind
    I think Ardent summed up your continuous contribution nicely.

Hobart wrote:
    I'm not blowing anything out of proportion tbh, you are. What exactly is your issue here? You claim that Rafa is getting away with something, and then you claim it was an outburst. Big fooking deal is my point (end of my observation).

I think Ardent summed up your continuous contribution nicely.
    that chip is getting bigger :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I think referee's should interact with the players more and shouldn't just ignore them. For example, if he's unsure what started off a brawl, why not take the 2 captains aside together and ask them if they know what happened. If the players are calm more often than not they'll tell the ref what they know.

In snooker players are asked to help the ref out with his decisions. They could easily tell the ref that the ball should be 2 inches out from the cushion but the player always does his best to use his knowledge to help the ref out. There is a mutual respect between the players and the referee's. Last year the ref called a foul against Ken Doherty because he thought he had touched the ball accidentally. Ken said he didn't touch it and the ref apologised and let him play on.

I don't know if it would be possible for the ref's and players to interact more in football but there is very little respect between them these days. The respect Collina had from players came from more than being a good ref. There's plenty of good refs. David Elleray was highly regarded as a ref but he was still hated by many. He was the headmaster of a school and he was like a headmaster on the pitch. Ref's should become a lot more laid back, talk calmly to the players, joke with the players. Come to think of it, it's pretty much what you wanted from your school teachers too.

Having just glanced through the thread I haven't a clue if we're still on the same subject. :)

Hobart wrote:

i made an observation.
    you keep bringing it up. you appear to think there is something more.

but im glad you made a point at last instead of just quoting me and adding some nonsense at the end.
    im sure we can draw a line under this discussion now that you have made yourself clear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

i made an observation.
    you keep bringing it up. you appear to think there is something more.

but im glad you made a point at last instead of just quoting me and adding some nonsense at the end.
    im sure we can draw a line under this discussion now that you have made yourself clear.
    You made a point, I questioned it, you went off on a tangent, tried to justify it, and could not. Blathered some nonsense to deflect, and carrired on in your usual fashion. your good at it, I will give you that, but we don't all fall for it WWM.

Anyhow, carry on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Eirebhoy stop bringing this thread on topic!! ;)

Hobart wrote:
    You made a point, I questioned it, you went off on a tangent, tried to justify it, and could not. Blathered some nonsense to deflect, and carrired on in your usual fashion. your good at it, I will give you that, but we don't all fall for it WWM.

Anyhow, carry on.

give your trolling a rest hobart.
    youre not good at it.

its just tedious.

and you are actually factually wrong with what you said.

i gave an opinion, i backed it up. there is nothing else, other than you just disagree or keep spouting something or other.

but still, go team hobart!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

BaZmO* wrote:
    Eirebhoy stop bringing this thread on topic!! ;)

Would you believe I read that post and thought what is he going on about he is looking at a totally different discussion. The I realised we had gone so far off topic for so long!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

iregk wrote:
    Would you believe I read that post and thought what is he going on about he is looking at a totally different discussion. The I realised we had gone so far off topic for so long!!!!
    Yep, same here. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Aye, such a waste of time posting that. :o

Advertisement