Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Same monitor sizes....different scopes.

Options
  • 25-03-2006 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Im in no way a technical person and so came to this Graphics room cos i figured it's a graphics related question (i think).

My uni has computer monitors which are all the same size....about 15" or 17" size.

Anyway ive found a difference when viewing websites from one computer to the next. Some of the computers capture a smaller area of websites (and thus has bigger text and easier to read) whilst some monitors capture a bigger area of websites (more text and images captured but hard to read cos of its small size....also lots of empty space at the sides of screen).....all this despite same monitor sizes.

I wanted to attach a Word Doc here to show how the same BBC website appears differently on two computers with the same Monitor size, but the word doc was too BIG! The image would have clearly showed what the hell im talking about. Im sorry i couldnt attach it.

If anyone understands what im yappin' on about, could anyone explain why this difference exists? Could i change from one way to another?

Advertisement