Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet changeover in Sutton Exchange..anyone done it?

Options
  • 25-03-2006 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭

I have decided to move from Eircom to Magnet(nothing signed yet) Currently Eircom are charging me 54euro for 40gb 3 mb line, the offer from Magnet of 100gb 4mb line and 50cent a GB for for over use is too good a offer not to consider @ 29.99 euro(there is no SMart telecom yet in Sutton exchange) I do have to change my number.....
    and i have been warned of the time delay in getting broadband set up from Eircoms side up to 14 working days say Magnet.....
    Anyone done it around Sutton Exchange for a report???

cramp

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

bump....anyone...

cramp

• Registered Users Posts: 30 manalishi

cramp wrote:
    I have decided to move from Eircom to Magnet(nothing signed yet) Currently Eircom are charging me 54euro for 40gb 3 mb line, the offer from Magnet of 100gb 4mb line and 50cent a GB for for over use is too good a offer not to consider @ 29.99 euro(there is no SMart telecom yet in Sutton exchange) I do have to change my number.....
    and i have been warned of the time delay in getting broadband set up from Eircoms side up to 14 working days say Magnet.....
    Anyone done it around Sutton Exchange for a report???

cramp

Cramp,
    I know it's a bit late for this but we got magnet installed in Nov 06 after a long 2-3 week wait for eircom to switch us over. We got the phone and internet package. We were told it's a 1/1 contention rate and everything has been working great. Then around Jan/Feb the signal started to drop now and then. It's now completely fallen off the radar. We get a signal in early morning up to 9-10am then it goes for the day and can sometimes come back late evening 9-10pm.

We've been on to Magnet and they have sent 2 different technicians out. 1 saying it was fixed the second saying they'd refer to eircom. Eircom have isolated something between the Sutton exchange and our street in Bayside... and we our now in limbo why we wait to hear what eircom are going to do about it. (which seems to be nothing... as it's now MAY! 5 weeks after issue was raised)

It's particular frustrating that the phone is nearly permanantly gone - mobile bills have been through the roof!

So what i wanted to know is has anyone else been having problems wit Magnet and the sutton exchange for broadband and phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

Hi just spotted this thread now....
    Everthing has gone fine for me, i have since moved my Magnet package onto a differant line in teh house and all has been fine, its never dropped in speed and has NEVER been down!!!!
    I get 5mb down and its a 4mb package.....
    btw iam on Verbena ave!!!!

cramp

Advertisement