Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for 18th

Options
  • 25-03-2006 6:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

hey my 18th is on in april 19th i want to book out a pub but not sure would be the best place to have it. i was thinking mojos but not sure whereabouts that is becus i was never there before. do ye know how much it will cost etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

The Wicked Chicken in Tait Square is a really great place!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭sioda

Mojo's is good food wise it can vary depending on what you want they wont charge you for the food though. Also you could try the Locke have had a few bashes there its a good spot

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

If there is a good few people upstaris in dolans is a great spot.not sure how much they charge or even if they will rent it for an 18th but its worth a try

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

woouldnt go 4 mojos
    fact that its an 18th means that u have some under 18s goin and some places will be strict enuf about who they let in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Inge Binge

[joking] Try McDonald's then. They do kiddies parties and they invite Ronald McDonald for you :D;) [/joking]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

ronald mcdonald scares me :'(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

The Locke have a bar you book I think, Dolans upstairs would be good too, Upstairs in Mollies can be booked aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Nestor's Bar on O'Connell St has a bar downstairs that they hire out for functions. I seen an ad in the Limerick Post ages ago for this, I think they were charging €200 or €250 for the night including food from Eddie Ripoffs across the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭radioman

upstairs at dolans charge about €150 as far as I know, which is just to cover the extension license, but you would have to organise food and music yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

Nestors is your best bet, was at a 21st there the other night and thought it was a good venue for a bash.

Couple of good points;
    Your not gonna have muppets comin in from upstairs, theres already a young crowd in there so a few of your mates who might be under 18 wont really rock the boat.
    Couple of bad points;
    You will be kicked out at closing time, we were booted on the dot at 12:30 on a thursday night. Only one bar person on duty, that was a bit of a joke tbh.

Beware of the more popular venues like mojos, you'll see eejits comin in chancing there arm at free food/drink. A place with a removed function room, with door access should deter spoilers.
    Try not to over do the spending, around the 200 lids mark should get you something decent with food included. Remember, what ever you have to spend may be taken off any potential presents to you!

Enjoy it anyways

• Advertisement
Advertisement