Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Golf Mark IV Question

Options
  • 25-03-2006 7:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

Is it possible to replace the bumper colour coded inserts on a golf iv and if so any instruction do they just pop out or do I need a tool .

Just drove by a wreckers place and they seem to have a few black golfs tdi/gtis of the same standard colour that I need so was wondering if I could get a replacement set for a few quid as my rear ones are abit scratched and look awful at the minute , it would save abit on getting them resprayed.

Is it possible to change my rear light cluster aswell myself or do they need to be professional installed as I fancy a change from the standard black ones.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭leon8v

Yep, Both of the above would be possible. As far as I remeber the bumper insert strips just clip out and if you are careful can be removed in a few minutes. Light clusters are easy enough to remove too. Shouldnt be any need for professional help if you are any way handy with a spanner.

Check out www.vagdrivers.net for any queries you have on anything VAG related. Plenty of knowledgeable VW people over there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

All that can be done by yourself as long as you know what your doing!! Just do a search online and you will find instructions somewhere to change the strips!!

What kind of lights do you want to change to??

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭leon8v

jonny24ie wrote:
    All that can be done by yourself as long as you know what your doing!!

Well in fairness anything can be done once you know what you are doing:D :D

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

Will you let me know how much you get those inserts for? I'd love a silver set. Where's the breaker? And if you wana get rid of those black clusters I'd gladly take them off your hands!

Advertisement