Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Copilot 5 to 6?

Options
  • 25-03-2006 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

Anyone upgraded from Copilot live 5 to version 6?
    Any real difference in mapping detail?
    Is Stephens Green still the wrong way round? :p

Expansys.ie have it for €171.95 any better offers?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Anyone?

Anyone at all? before I go spending money foolishly!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I've just ordered it for €83 from Alk.eu.com, its an upgrade pack, I should have it next week I'll let you know then if you like??

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭kevmac

Don't do it.

New map detail for Ireland from Copilot 5 to 6 is not worth it - but if you are travelling in Europe the new coverage is impressive

CoPilot 7 will have the new 100% Ireland NavTeq map which was also launched in Dublin last Monday for Garmin's GPS systems.

Expect all GPS companies to use this 100% map from September on.

See here for latest coverage:

http://coverage.digi-map.de/index.php4

Flick the tab to English on top and then choose Ireland.

irish1 wrote:
    I've just ordered it for €83 from Alk.eu.com, its an upgrade pack, I should have it next week I'll let you know then if you like??

Yeah, that would be great thanks ;)

Kevmac, how long would you think before ALK are offering version 7 as an upgrade (probably has to be upgraded from version 6 though :( )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

Not really worth it. The new m50 section to Bray isnt on it. I complained to them but they just ignored my email. Havent checked stephens green yet but i suspect it is still the old way.

The new M50 section isn't on it???

Ah for fecks sake, they can refund me so, thats just crazy

Oh dear :(

Hey, how did you get on with the upgrade?
    Was it worth it?

Sorry Neil Sedaka, I started a new job and haven't had time to log on. The upgrade is not worth it even for €88, the maps are more or less identical and the interface isn't much better, hold off for the release of the 100% coverage maps in Sept. if I was you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

Well considering the co-pilot uses Navteq data and Ireland was only fully mapped by them recently, it is unlikely that the data for the CO-pilot 6 is going to be up to date. The last data update they had was before the Luas and only has M50 motorway to the Balinteer exit.

Ok, thanks for the info ;)

Advertisement