Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Traffic

Options
  • 25-03-2006 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭

First time in ages been in and around the City driving on a sat and its a shambles! People cueing for the Roches Stores car park backed the whole way to the mall and the old cinema causing tail backs the whole way to the end of Panna:confused:

Think they need to start getting some more traffic plans up and running or loads and loads of park and rides set up.
    Anyone hear of any more park and rides?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Ya i was trying to get through town yesterday, not trying heavy traffic time and it took me 1hour 10min to get through town... Didnt help either the fact i had no petrol....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

I was supposed to go into town today and decided against it 'cause of the rotten weather. I went out to Wilton Shopping Centre instead. Took forever to get into the place though, I might have been better off just heading into town.
    Listening to the radio on the way home, looks like traffic was bad everywhere, it is mothers day tomorrow, I guess there was just more cars due to the weather and the last minute shopping.

In saying that, yes, there still needs to be more done with more park n' rides etc. I don't bother with them myself, it just doesn't seem worth it when I live almost next door to the Black Ash...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

drive motor bikes people!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

not on a day like today... I was sitting at traffic lights on the Blackpool bypass earlier on and a guy on a bike pulled up next to me, soaked to the bone. Suddenly the good old days, back when I was on a bike 365 days a year didn't seem so attractive. It's nice to now have the option of sticking to being a fair weather biker, and of couse the enjoyment of going on biking holidays :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

halfway decent waterproofs and youll be grand sure

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

its the commencement of renewal works on grand parade and the closure of one of the lanes by the cinema which i imagine is snarling up the city centre as a result. only have to wait until december 2007 for them to be finished!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭shoegirl

Nukem wrote:
    First time in ages been in and around the City driving on a sat and its a shambles! People cueing for the Roches Stores car park backed the whole way to the mall and the old cinema causing tail backs the whole way to the end of Panna:confused:
    Anyone hear of any more park and rides?

Quite simply people shouldn't be allowed to queue for car parks that are full. How stupid are they anyway? It should be a traffic offence to impede the flow of traffic. Albeit by your own stupidity.

I never park in either of those car parks. There are several others only slight distances away that are easier to get into and in one or two cases, cheaper. My particular favourite at the moment is the Railway St car park. Only 5 euro a day, yuk yuk.

Of course the park and rides are poorly placed and expensive. My personal workaround for going to work is to park at one of the railway stations and get the train for the last 5 miles.

Having said that, Cork is a pretty bad "edge city." Almost all the work seems to be in suburban business parks. Some of which seem to be remarkably empty yet they keep expanding at a huge rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 NumLOCK

shoegirl wrote:
    It should be a traffic offence to impede the flow of traffic. Albeit by your own stupidity.

What about all them drivers that drive without thinking a few seconds ahead...like following the car in front blindly into a yellow box and preventing other cars from manouvering until they can get out! drives me frikkn mad so it does...:mad:

Advertisement