Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SessionNetwork.com

Options
  • 25-03-2006 8:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi Folks,

I recently put a little site together for musicians in Ireland. It's http://www.sessionnetork.com

Wanted it to be a directory of sorts for all musicians - any style, and instrument, any skill level.

I'm a trad fiddle player myself, but I also enjoy banging away a bit of bass guitar with a bunch of rockers. Good craic!

When I made the site I was thinking of trad players looking for someone for a gig, but I also had in mind a couple of young rockers looking for people to jam with.

Didn't want any of the elitist crap that you find in some music circles either, so I didn't limit the idea to professional players only.

Will ye have a look at it and tell me what ye think? I even put a forum on there for members to chat. There are almost 40 musicians on there now and it's growing.

Cheers,
    JD

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 humph

sharkie , u left out the 'w' in 'network' on your link.
    it may be losing u hits on yer site!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 de_sharkman

Oops... Thanks for spotting that humph.

So, the site is http://www.sessionnetwork.com

Did you have a look at it humph? What did you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭nuttz

Hi JD,

Nice site with good potential. One thing that bothered me was that after creating a profile on the main site, I now need to create a new profile for the forum. Is there any way you could use the same database for both? so users can use the same user/pass without having to create a new profile on the forum? Apart from that it looks good, it seems like you just need more exposure for the site and maybe some more content.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

I'd say he's workin' on it. Its always hard to get a site up and running at the very beginning.

Looks like the makings of a good site though, definitely good potential in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Battlejuice

Brilliant site chief!! :D
    Been looking for something like this for a while now. Very hard to find a decent session and when it comes to planning on joining one this site is great for giving people a little more scope. I hope there will be a lot of fleshing out of this site in the near future.
    Good man,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 byrnemus

the site is excellent....it's long been needed, we get asked all the time for sessions etc by tourists and it's hard even for local people to find one in their area.

Advertisement