Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windy/vomit/pain in four mounth old baby

Options
  • 25-03-2006 9:32pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi. My four and a half month old baby has always being a bit windy. She brings up quiet a bit of her feed although not projectile. She seems to have a pain/discomfort. She is currently on SMA white and I have started her on a little solids. My health nurse said that it should rectify when more established on solids. She is not losing any weight so am not too worried. I was wondering if anyone else has experience of this . I also have her on colicrelief drops.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

This forum is not for seeking medical advice.
    If you are worried about your child and her condition take her to your dr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭samb

Gripe water is excellent compared to those new rip-off drop bottles. We poured the gripe water into the rip-off bottle with pippete. I don't know if you can still get gripe water now, but If you can, it is way better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Gripe water has been taken off the market because of the levels of alcohol it contains.

To the OP - my 7 week old daughter is prone to colicky spells in the late afternoons - Colief drops are wildly expensive and I found they were fairly ineffective. I started giving her Infacol drops (5 euro from your chemist) and, whilst it takes about a week for things to take effect, she gets her wind up easier, gets sick less and is generally more contented.

About her bringing up her food though - if she is bringing up a lot of her feeds every time she feeds (ie more than half her bottle each time she feeds) you should bring her to the doctor. It could be any number of things, but if she's bringing up a lot of milk, there could be a problem. Perhaps switch to Omneo Comfort or even a different brand? I found my little one was a bit constipated with SMA. I moved her to Cow & Gate and she's fine with it.

Also- there are bottles you can get to vastly reduce air intake whilst feeding. They're called Dr Browns bottles and you can get them in Boots. I've heard great reports about them.

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MM3

We had/have a similar problem with our little guy - he brings something back up after every feed , I think its just something you'll have to live with, our doctor told us he'd eventually grow out of it but it could take up to a year.

We switched him to Omneo Comfort and the Dr Browns bottles and he was much easier to wind (and he doesn't seem to be in pain anymore) but he still brings up milk after a feed - its especially bad when he's going through a teething spell.

M

Advertisement