Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Ennis, need a shool

Options
  • 25-03-2006 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I will move to Ennis and need a shool for my son. He is 14 jears and visit a Gynasium in Germany. I´m not sure what kind of shool it is in Irland. Who can help us to find the right shool??

Nicole:confused::confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

I think the best school in Ennis is St. Flannan's. It's an all boys school run by the Christian Bros (I think). Has a great sporting tradition too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,474 ✭✭✭swoofer

I think you will find it is no longer all boys and is now days only as it takesno more boarders. Still a well thought of school/college, altghough all schools in Ennis are well regarded. If you read this I can post a few more links.

gb--

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Flannan's is mixed now? That and the end of the boarders will weaken the hurling a fair bit. Know plenty of sound lads from there though, great laugh by the sounds of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,474 ✭✭✭swoofer

Yes, they lost harty final this year and the football as well, were going for an unique double, the hurlers can still win the all ireland colleges as they have this back door sytem.

its on the way down
    gb--

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Flannan's is the Disocean (sp!) College, and is ran by priests, although there is a lay principle there now.

In Ennis there are 3 schools for boys, Flannan's, Rice Colege (known as the Brothers) and the Vocational School.

The old addage in Ennis is the boys go to the Brothers and the men goto Flannan's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

I graduated from the Brothers around 5 years ago now and have to say I found it was a good school. Its very hard to give you a proper opinion as most of what you hear about both schools is fairly bias and anecdotal. Anyway as far as I can tell both schools are of a good standard and the only real difference was that the Brothers had a stricter discipline policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭NutJob

Clareman wrote:
    Flannan's is the Disocean (sp!) College, and is ran by priests, although there is a lay principle there now.

In Ennis there are 3 schools for boys, Flannan's, Rice Colege (known as the Brothers) and the Vocational School.

The old addage in Ennis is the boys go to the Brothers and the men goto Flannan's

I went to both and they both sucked unless u were a big GAA fan then flannans.

Advertisement