Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

britpop/indieclubs in Dublin????

• 25-03-2006 10:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Is there anybody who knows anything about good indie/britpopclubs in Dublin??? Are there clubs who play this kind of music?? I ask because I´ve planned to go to Dublin as an aupair...

cloveroverdover from Germany

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

i think we have a blur fan on our habds, welcome to boards, there was a big fuss about clubs in dublin recently my tip is whelans of wexford street but many think it sucks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭legologic

Who do Germans class as "britpop" ?

british pop i guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 cloveroverdover

britpop...difficult to explain...the usual english stuff (but not only from english bands) like belle&seb.,morrissey,the stills,oasis,feeder,the killers,the leaves,editors,supernaturals,pulp,snow patrol,weeping willows,embrace...whatever!

I had a look on the old thread about this kind of clubs...hope i will find what i am looking for!...

• Advertisement

@ blusonic: I googeld for Whelans and found the homepage of this club.But they write only about livegigs...it seems as it is a concertclub or something like this? I thought there are DJ´s who play this indie stuff?...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Whelans does live music, club nights and it's a pub too.

you might like phantasim in the village too, see the phantom fm fourm through:
    hosted/free radio/phantom fm also their web site www.phantomfm.com

another useful site: www.pod.ie/list_cdaddy.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭legologic

I hear good things about crawdaddy these days too but yeah whelan's, village, maybe carnival... basically Wexford Street.

wexford street is prob the bes area for music in dublin, isaac butts was good but ive not been there in a very long time

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

doyles on a fri/sat night plays britpop along with some classic 80s tunes, a lot more fun than whelans. With whelans people are there just to be seen there....tis slightly annoying!

seen by who?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

ah you know what I mean...they think it's cool to be seen at whelans.

everywhere that plays good music is like that, its like they want a badge to say i can find these places. i wouldn't let them bother me. theres posers everywhere, when i was starting to stop drinking in bruxelles about 4 years ago it was strating to go that way too. now its all hip hop, rap, dance (rap so needless to say im not too bothered with there now

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭speedy21

There's a good nite on next friday (april 7th) called Q+A,
    it gets a good mix of straight/gay/bi folk and the music is great...

It's on in the temple bar music centre from 11 and there's a launch of the new morrissey album and theres a 'yeah yeah yeahs' giveaway too

QandA.jpg

Advertisement