Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Need a guesstimate on costs of fixing my car

Options
  • 25-03-2006 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

My 2001 laguna failed it's NCT on Friday. The prognosis was that front suspension ball joints were worn on both sides. At its last service the mechanic said that the bushings in the subframe were worn and needed replacing. He warned it wold be a big & expensive job to fix.

All of the above sounds like it might be expensive to rectify. Do any of you know how much time / money it will take to put it right? I get a sneaky feeling that the garage I go to are ripping me off !

Thanks

:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Ball joints are not a very big job. If you go to a a Renault dealer i'd say approx 200 quid including parts, labour and front wheel alignment (which is needed)

No idea about the subframe bushes. I might be able to look it up though. I have a Laguna too so it is in my interest!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 YarraYarra

Seemingly to repair the bushings the suspension needs to come out. Do you reckon it's a job for a renault garage only, or can any mechanic take it on?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

The Laguna II suspensions are probably one of the worst on the road at the moment. I have 50/60 Lagunas on fleet and every single one of them gives ssuspension problems, ball joints, anti roll bar bushings, track rods, suspension struts etc. If you have a Laguna SuperSport get rid of those 17" alloys (Renault stopped supplying 17" alloys to the Irish market a few years ago) because these wheels get wrecked by Irish roads.
    Don't go to a Renault dealer - far too expensive. PM and I'll give you a phone number of the guy who does a lot of my fleet work - very reasonable. He is in Dublin 7.

Advertisement