Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

arts..

• 25-03-2006 10:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭

hey.. im applying for the ats course at ucc to do 2nd level teaching.. im just wondering if anyone can tell me bout the course.. is it good because ive heard that the one in mary i in limerick is better.. hope some1 can help!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

A friend of mine from Cork has put down Mary I as her first choice to do Arts, she like you wants to be a second level teacher.
    From what iv heard about the Arts course in Mary I, it is suppose to be very good compared to that of other colleges..it is 4years long as in 3rd year you go on work experience/placement, which i think students find very benefical! And instead of doing just your 4subjects in Mary I it is compulsory you do other subjects like Anthropology..emm cant remember the others off hand sorry..it in the prospectus tho i would imagine!

What subjects you thinking of doing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭maggie_cork

thanks!!

im hoping to do music geography english but dont no what else. i want to do subjects that i like..

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

Most of my family went to Mary I to do primary school teaching but some of their friends did Arts. If you want to be a 2nd level teacher it is the best place to go and your 3rd year co-op isnt necessarily teaching. You could be working in any area. It qualifies you for both the teaching and other areas of work. I would put it ahead of UCC. Most of the supervisors @ my school did arts in UCC, and they're SUPERVISORS!!!

Advertisement